• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best drees shirts- large dude

rjt65

Reaction score
Hello:

48 L jacket (weightlifter) -large arms (19-20 inch) -- long arms usually a 17.5 and 35 length shirt

---just did suit shirt inventory and jettisoned all white shirts (lil old) so will be replenishing.

Plan to buy the interview suit at J Press or brooks Saturday--will get one white shirt there and tie to match

but than when i get the new job I need to but another 5 white shirts I am thinking (have various colored and/or striped shirts like 5-6)

so thpught son best shirts Prefer shirts in the 50-75$ range if possible --

Is there a big difference between lets say a shirt from jos a Banks and brooks or Press? (will see Saturday)

thoughts?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robert Talbott is a possibility. Brooks Brothers shirts traditionally offer extra room, though I am not acquainted with their newer lines.

rjt65

Reaction score
thks for the input---

In another thread on shirt care -- I posted this

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...onsize=17 35

says in the description to tumble dry em--hmmm--- maybe pick me up a 3 pack for $199 on sale!

so thinking I will get 3 white Brooks shirts --hopefully as wrinkele free as it says!!

cheers

Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Robert Talbott is a possibility. Brooks Brothers shirts traditionally offer extra room, though I am not acquainted with their newer lines.

columbia92

Reaction score
why not try MTM shirts from places like moderntailor.com? you can find many people talk about them here on style forum..

jrf2027

Reaction score
I've had the Brooks Brothers white non-iron (I think the number was 345, I may be wrong)...they are nice shirts, but you can save a few dollars by going with Enro's non-iron shirts. Personally, I prefer the Enro shirt - it feels just a little heavier.

Whether you go with Enro or Brooks Brothers, the BB forum was correct - if they're non-iron, just throw them in the dryer, and pull them out - no iron needed.

If you have a decent local shop, they should have the Enro's available in the $50-60 range. Always seemed to have ample room in the arms for me - I'm not a body builder, so YMMV.

rjt65

Reaction score
I had a bad experience (with the tailoring) on MTM suits in the past--- and read of a lot of problems from people on this board with shirts.

I might get brave and give it a shot in the future. For the short term I will go off the rack.

thanks!

Originally Posted by columbia92
why not try MTM shirts from places like moderntailor.com? you can find many people talk about them here on style forum..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads