• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Double Edge Razor?

megabiscoito

Reaction score
Best Double Edge Razor for you?

And also the best with best relationship price quality?

childeric

Reaction score
I am using my dad's Gillette Tech DE he got back when he got married in 1949

It's cool to be using something your dad used on the day JFK died or when Apollo 11 landed

As for comparison I have not used another

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Merkur Futur but the older (40s era) Gillette ones are good too.

Harrydog

Reaction score
I am just starting out. I use a Muhle 89 closed comb and a 1958 Gillette Fatboy Aristocrat.

Would love to trade a Supply singe edge for a DE gathering dust on the back shelf.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been shaving with a Merkur 34 and a 37/slant but wanted a new brush and ended up ordering a Kent BLK12 and a Feather AS-D2 after reviews were so strong for both

martin_d

Reaction score
Well, if you want to go down the DE shaving rabbit hole then it will take time. But results are great.
For me it's one and only Rockwell 6S. Smooth like butter. Suits me perfectly. Thanks to both shaving communities who recommended it to me (it was Bladeandbadger and Shavelab). I know that some men find it hard to control, but for my technique it works just fine - and I trust it very well.

sajesak

Reaction score
Well, if you want to go down the DE shaving rabbit hole then it will take time. But results are great.
For me it's one and only Rockwell 6S. Smooth like butter. Suits me perfectly. Thanks to both shaving communities who recommended it to me (it was Bladeandbadger and Shavelab). I know that some men find it hard to control, but for my technique it works just fine - and I trust it very well.
For me it's one and only Rockwell 6S. Smooth like butter. Suits me perfectly. Thanks to both shaving communities who recommended it to me (it was Bladeandbadger and Shavelab). I know that some men find it hard to control, but for my technique it works just fine - and I trust it very well. for more read here Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 download instruction manual pdf
I shave with Merkur 23c safety razor and it works great,gives me equal straight razor shave without iritation.Have tried variety of blades,still some of best shaves i had were with super max super stainless green and yellow blades.Have tried feather,personna and derby and most other brands.What are your favourites?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads