1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best Dim Sum in San Francisco?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Crosstalker, Mar 10, 2011.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

While I can sympathize with Lefty's hatred of San Francisco, Chinese food in New York is really atrocious in comparison.
    Everything in NYC is better than anything anywhere else.

2. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

While I can sympathize with Lefty's hatred of San Francisco, Chinese food in New York is really atrocious in comparison.

Gotta go to Flushing.

3. lefty

lefty Senior member

Let me guess, there's much better dim sum in NYC?
    Dim Sum is a funny thing. I've had it in SF, NYC, LA, Toronto, Paris, Beijing, Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Shanghai. I've eaten at outrageously expensive restaurants and more or less street stalls. In fact, I ate at Ton Kiang this afternoon. While I enjoy dim sum quite a bit, the difference between great dim sum and okay dim sum is so minute that it makes the search for great dim sum a bit of a waste of time. (There may be a wider gulf between okay and fucking awful dim sum, but my experience is that fucking awful dim sum is actually pretty hard to find. Mind you, I've only had it at two places in SF so that may change.) By the way, it's not that everything is better in NYC; it's that anywhere is better than SF. Try and keep up. lefty

4. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

There's excellent food all over San Francisco and the Bay Area in general. Funny post though.

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Not a big fan of Chinese food in SF. My favorite spots are in Fremont/San Mateo/Newark/Millbrae, but I'm a Sichuan cuisine guy and not a Dim Sum person.

My dim sum oriented friends like Koi Palace.

6. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

If you want the whole chinatown experience with the dim sum go to New Asia restaurant. Its been there for at least 35+ years. Place is good for dim sum