1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best Designer Slim Fit Suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jokerman, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Here is a thread I can finally vent on this.

I am getting sick and tired of this obsession with a slim fit suit. Its a fad, you will blow a wad of cash on one and in a couple of years you are going to look stupid when everyone realizes that these slim fit suits make us look like 14 year olds and skinny toothpicks or extras on the set of Mad Men.

It seems to me that this slim fit suit business (and especially these thin ties) is nothing more than a bunch of us trying to differentiate ourselves from those "other" suit wearers and somehow pin a fashion label on ourselves that we are somehow right for the moment.

My opinion is that slim fit is not smart. Slim fit suits look foolish, they did in the 60's and do today in the same way that leisure suits never were going to work.

Additionally, the slim fit suit only works on skinny people (they dont even work, they make you look even skinnier). Have you seen one on a muscular or even just a tad overweight person lately? Oy vey, its like a fat woman in a mini skirt and blouse with hordes of clevage exposed. Plus they fit like shit, make your feet look like gunships and are constricting as hell.

Well considering I am slim I think I have the right to look into slim fit suits. They don't necessarily have to be slim fit like Dior Homme but I want a good fit. There is a Prada suit I saw in the GQ Style Autumn/Winter 2008-2009 Issue on page 68 that is what I really really want but have no idea how to find the exact suit.

2. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

How about Banana Republic? Aren't their suits slim-fitting? Should also be available in NC.

I wouldn't buy a suit from BR. It will never fit you right.

3. lermontov

lermontov Senior member

+ 10 for RLBL (2 button) or D & G (3 button)

4. JTA

JTA Senior member

Starting from brands as H&M, Zara and Topman, goes to Z Zegna, Hugo Boss to RLBL, Prada, Jil Sander or Dior Homme.

Personal opinion, my best bang for bucks is Jil Sander.

5. kulata

kulata Senior member

Starting from brands as H&M, Zara and Topman, goes to Z Zegna, Hugo Boss to RLBL, Prada, Jil Sander or Dior Homme.

Where can one get Jil Sander online?

6. BAB

BAB Senior member

get a suit from COS - the look and quality of Jil Sander at the price of H&M

7. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

What do you all consider slim fit, apart from sleeves and trousers? Would it be slim shoulders or slim chest or lots of waist suppression, or a combination of 2 out of the 3? In the end it's all just proportions.