• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Designer Slim Fit Suit?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im looking to get a nice Slim Fit suit for christmas and want to know what designer makes the best slim fitting suit i black or grey for less then $2,000. I despise baggy clothing so it must be slim fitting. Thanks for the help. Please note I live in North Carolina and we dont have any good stores for suits.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Ralph Lauren Black Label.

ml77

Reaction score
I think Boss has the nice fit but the brand is not always well regarded on this forum.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on your body type and your tastes.

What's slim on me might be skin tight to you, and what's skin tight to someone else might be baggy on you. Also slim is relative, and each poster on MC has differing opinions on "slim" and how far one can take "slim".

Are there any specific pictures you have in mind to give us an example of what you're looking for?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boss has decent suits that are quite slim, and you may be able to find them in your area.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
Take a look at Ralph Lauren Black Label.

+1, this and Dior Homme are the best IMHO

Originally Posted by ml77
I think Boss has the nice fit but the brand is not always well regarded on this forum.

The fit is good, also the strellson line ( produced for switzerland ), the problem is that is an expensive fused suit, you can get a full canvas suit for that price.

Originally Posted by Azure
Lab ( pal zileri) has this season the slimest jacket I Have ever seen,

Pal Zileri Lab ( now called Pal Zileri Concept ) have nice slim suits, fused though.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is a thread I can finally vent on this.

I am getting sick and tired of this obsession with a slim fit suit. Its a fad, you will blow a wad of cash on one and in a couple of years you are going to look stupid when everyone realizes that these slim fit suits make us look like 14 year olds and skinny toothpicks or extras on the set of Mad Men.

It seems to me that this slim fit suit business (and especially these thin ties) is nothing more than a bunch of us trying to differentiate ourselves from those "other" suit wearers and somehow pin a fashion label on ourselves that we are somehow right for the moment.

My opinion is that slim fit is not smart. Slim fit suits look foolish, they did in the 60's and do today in the same way that leisure suits never were going to work.

Additionally, the slim fit suit only works on skinny people (they dont even work, they make you look even skinnier). Have you seen one on a muscular or even just a tad overweight person lately? Oy vey, its like a fat woman in a mini skirt and blouse with hordes of clevage exposed. Plus they fit like shit, make your feet look like gunships and are constricting as hell.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
I despise baggy clothing so it must be slim fitting.

I don't think a well-fitting suit should be 'baggy' regardless of whether it's 'slim fit' or not?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
How about Banana Republic? Aren't their suits slim-fitting? Should also be available in NC.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40