• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best denim tailor in philly?

thepataphysician

Reaction score
does any one have any experience with a tailor in philadelphia who does a good job with denim?

Reaction score
What tailoring procedure are you considering?

I have nothing to contribute, besides helping you clarify your question.

thepataphysician

Reaction score
I really only need them hemmed, but I would rather go to a tailor that has worked on demin before.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
The tailor I've used to do things like remove the bootcut from my RRDGs, patch holes in my jeans, etc is:

CHAE J YOUNG TAILOR \t
215-564-5688
136 S 15th St

I'm not 100% sure that's actually the name of the place. I feel like it's named something else. But that's the address, and that's the yellow pages listing, so there you go. I chose it mostly because it's a few blocks from my house. The one time they slightly messed up something I gave them (a jacket whose sides I was having taken in), they fixed it as soon as I pointed it out, without charge. They seem pretty cool.

Premiere Alterations on Sansom (1726 Sansom) is where I take suits and the like. They're quite good, they just cost a little more.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the simplest tailoring job ever, is hemming jeans. i cant imagine any one not being able to do this.

Reaction score
If a Union Special chainstitched hem is your desire, I'm afraid you will have to look somewhere other than Philadelphia. As a tailor said, a frankenhem, or even a single-stitched hem, can be done by anyone with a pulse and the machinery.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads