• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Denim for 'built guys' - classic/minimalist style

dng992

Reaction score
Looking at purchasing denim which 1) fits 2) looks good

Im going for this kind of aesthetic http://www.acnestudios.com/shop/denim-guide/town/town-twilight.html. however not as cropped.

Looking for something which can be worn for versatility with smart casual hence no distressed e.t.c

Measurements: 5'8, 15.5-16" calves, 25-26" legs. Hence jean shopping is the easiest. UK- London based

The jeans I currently own I use more for the streetwear aesthetic and hence fit doesnt have to be perfect. However Im looking to use a pair for smart casual so I dont want the jeans exactly figure hugging the legs/thighs.

I've thought about going to Levis MTO (regent st) and getting some custom ones made. Seem like a good investment but they are £500+ I believe.

Recommendations?

Last edited:

niktak11

Reaction score
I am a big fan of squats/deadlifts and I've discovered that nothing fits me anymore unless I go custom. I've had 2 pairs made by Viapiana so far and I love them. N&F have a new fit called Easy Guy that might fit you but they are still quite a bit too small in the thighs for me.

dng992

Reaction score
I am a big fan of squats/deadlifts and I've discovered that nothing fits me anymore unless I go custom. I've had 2 pairs made by Viapiana so far and I love them. N&F have a new fit called Easy Guy that might fit you but they are still quite a bit too small in the thighs for me.
Just checked it out. Not sure I personally feel that comfortable taking my own measurements atm. Got any pics of yours?

akjc

Reaction score
There are the Levis Athletic fit that have really roomy thighs that work great, however they're Levis and the leg opening is a bit too large for my liking.

I found that the Rag and Bone Fit 1 to work really well. Very roomy in the thighs with a stretch fabric and has an aggressive taper that I really like.

Squats and deadlifts have made it incredibly hard for me to find jeans that fit as well. Rag and Bone are the only ones i've found with roomy thighs without a huge leg opening. I find a large leg opening ruins the overall look of the fit for me. Just today I actually brought a few pairs of jeans to get tailored to fit like the Rag and Bones below the knee. New Standards also work very well if you want a straight fit. But if you're trying to save money, try the Levis Athletic fit first.

edwardh123

Reaction score
There are the Levis Athletic fit that have really roomy thighs that work great, however they're Levis and the leg opening is a bit too large for my liking.

I found that the Rag and Bone Fit 1 to work really well. Very roomy in the thighs with a stretch fabric and has an aggressive taper that I really like.

Squats and deadlifts have made it incredibly hard for me to find jeans that fit as well. Rag and Bone are the only ones i've found with roomy thighs without a huge leg opening. I find a large leg opening ruins the overall look of the fit for me. Just today I actually brought a few pairs of jeans to get tailored to fit like the Rag and Bones below the knee. New Standards also work very well if you want a straight fit. But if you're trying to save money, try the Levis Athletic fit first.
hey what size are you and could you possibly measure the waist/thigh width of your size?

I can't find anywhere online that has measurements of fit 1 jeans and I would be ordering them from another country so would like to get them right first try, roomy in thighs with taper sounds ideal

akjc

Reaction score
Jeans are at the tailor right now as soon as I get them back I'll give you measurements. I highly suggest you to try them on first. There are so many times I've been screwed buying jeans online and having them not fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads