• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best daily multi-vitamin?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a search and this hasnt been discussed yet (atleast as far as I found). There are a few multi's dropped in the supplement thread but since it seems to be the base of a supplement regimen I wanted to get everyones personal experiences/opinions on which is the best.

I have been taking GNC Megamen multi on and off for a few years and have never really been happy with it, someone in the supp thread mention a multi from NOW nutrition called ADAm which looks like it may be good.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used GNC Mega Men Multi on and off for years as well.
For whatever reason whenever I missed a day I'd end up with a mild cold.
(I'd only take one tablet daily, instead of the recommended two, though.)
Now I'm taking One A Day Men's Health Formula.
I can't say I think its much (if any) better.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just use the Costco ****. I don't know if it's the best but we probably piss most of it out anyway.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess better wasnt the right word to use as I am sure none of us can tell which is actually working better, I just always had an upset stomach with the megamen and they just were unpleasant to take. I suppose I could go back to them but I think I want to try something new since I have never tried anything else. I am gonna see if they got those NOW nutrition ones at the mall.

Francis91

Reaction score
I've been taking GNC Mega Men Sport for the past two years. I take the recommended two a day but I split them up by taking one after breakfast and the other after dinner so I get a continuous supply all day. I notice when I do that my pee isn't really yellow (compared to when I took both pills in AM) so I assume my body is absorbing it more.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take Centrum and get other supplements as needed. They are a broad spectrum vitamin/mineral supplement that don't OD your ass. Vitamin poisoning sucks.

Mauby

Reaction score
I have no idea if they're the best, the worst, or somewhere in between, but I take GNC Ultra Mega Green without iron. Like megamen, it gives you that neon-yellow pee. I think that's from vitamin B. Anyway, when taking it, I notice I never get sick.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
I have no idea if they're the best, the worst, or somewhere in between, but I take GNC Ultra Mega Green without iron. Like megamen, it gives you that neon-yellow pee. I think that's from vitamin B. Anyway, when taking it, I notice I never get sick.

Iron is only really necessary for women age 18-55 correct?

Mauby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr

Yeah, they need it during their menstruating years. Guys don't need extra iron, so I advise buying a vitamin without it. You get enough in your food.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I caved and pick up some megamen sport at gnc on my way home, just the small bottle though to get me through the next couple weeks (GNC is soooo overpriced btw) cant believe I worked there for 5 years and peddled their wares to people....

the megaman sport complex looks great especially the energy additions

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Francis91
I notice when I do that my pee isn't really yellow (compared to when I took both pills in AM) so I assume my body is absorbing it more.
Not quite. Your body can only absorb so much in a day. When you split your dosage you're reducing the overdosage in a single sitting but your body's intake still remains the same. If you took half a pill, waited two hours, and took the other half your pee would still be the same color.
Originally Posted by pg600rr
It's really only needed in certain people (male and female) in certain medical conditions such as iron-deficient anemia, hypermenorrhea, etc. As long as you follow your vitamin's dosage correctly, the small amounts of iron won't do much harm and for the average person not much good, either.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by totally epic
I've heard great things about TwinLab Daily capsules.
Twinlab is a great company, but I quit taking their dual layer caps. The best multi on the market is by New Chapter. All the minerals are in the same state you'd find them in nature, not just a mix of isolates. It will cost you though as they are a bit pricey, but definitely worth it! http://newchapter.com/ I take the Once Daily Every Man

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics