Best Course for a First Date

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by HitMan009, Feb 23, 2005.

1. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

Damn I wish my family was more like this. I feel like they all avert their eyes and take great interest in the crumbs that fell on the floor everytime the check comes.

2. sam

sam Senior member

Maybe, but the OP was in the context of a first date. Dinner on a first date seems like you're trying way to hard. Low-key, fun is always best. Women want to feel like they're seducing you, also.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Again, I think it really depends on the girl, here in OC, dinner on the first date may be exactly the right ticket.

4. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I have been given a "gift" a couple of times, that I remember. One time, I thought it was too forward and disliked the feeling it gave me, another time I still thought it was too forward (it was a piece of jewelry), but the man was nice, so I took it better.  Tread carefully.

I'm not sure all these posts are helping you.  There are many, many women out there, with so varied a life experience, that I think the best thing you can do is be attentive.  And even then, it is so easy to misjudge a person.

Maybe you shouldn't ask yourself so many questions and go with your heart.

5. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Alexis, we need your $.02.

6. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Probably true.

I am unlike most women I know.

7. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

You know, an idea might be to ask your questions on a women's forum that those you date potentially frequent.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

sorry, that is already a little too creepy. I think you can summarize what F is saying in a way that fits common sense - if the woman is into you, she will like the gift (or lack of it), she will want to pay for her share (or be happy to have you pay), in short, if she is into you, things should go well what ever happens. if she doens't like you, if you give her a gift you are too hasty, if you don't you are cheap, if you offer to buy her dinner you are presumptious, if you don't you are cheap. if she is undecided, well, it is difficult to say how each will influence her, each woman is different. good luck with that [​IMG] [​IMG] seriously, the best bet to me seemed to work out a system that I was comfortable and kept me true to myself, while allowing me to show off the (actual, not fake) positive aspects of myself. then mix with a lot of people of the sex you are interested in until you find one that you really like, and who likes you. if you look at this coldly, the variables here are how easy you can make it for a person to identify your attractiveness, how many people you date, and how high your standards are.

9. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

Hmm, I never thought of it like that.... Sometimes when heading to the date, it was more of a spur of the moment thing to pick up something. Like if I remembered something she said, etc. I find it awkward on occasions to arrive empty-handed. Always so many things to consider...... does it ever get easier???????? [​IMG]

10. globetrotter

no, and then you get married and it is a whol differnt set of problems.

11. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

Damn it, I was afraid of that answer.

12. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

(globetrotter @ Feb. 25 2005,06:41) no, and then you get married and it is a whol differnt set of problems.
    LOL I will wholeheartedly agree with globetrotter on this. Although I would choose the problems that come with marriage over the problems with dating any day.

13. globetrotter

(HitMan009 @ Feb. 25 2005,09:55)
    no, and then you get married and it is a whol differnt set of problems.
    LOL I will wholeheartedly agree with globetrotter on this. Although I would choose the problems that come with marriage over the problems with dating any day.
    agreed

14. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

I was always dead set against marriage, but I have to say that I have never been happier in my life. Now, raising a child and doing it conscientiously, that is a challenge.

15. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Hitman, as stated by others, dinner is too big for a first date : you may want to show that you are not THAT interested : keep some challenge, mystery, etc... for later. A couple of drinks in a trendy place, then a nice walk outside to chit-chat. Give you both time to appraise the other.

.luc