• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Colognes

muchisgiven

Reaction score
I wanted to know what you guys are wearing, and what do you recommend. Right now I have Issey Miyake, Marc Jacobs, and Vera Wang Men, but I'm looking for some new fragrances right now.

So any help would be great

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Casran, by Choppard. You may also want to look up www.basenotes.com Regards, Huntsman

muelleran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I like Casran, by Choppard. You may also want to look up www.basenotes.com

Regards,
Huntsman

I find it very entertaining to browse through the list of "Fragrance Houses":
Bally, Cigar Afficionado, Baywatch, Jaguar, Salvador Dali, Swiss Army, Ferrari, Lamborghini..

Missing are Volkswagen, Credit Suisse, LÃ
00a9.png
gion Etrangère, Ukraine International Airlines, UC Berkeley, BearingPoint, Sony.....

180px-Ukraine_Int_B737-500_UR-GAK.jpg

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by muchisgiven
I wanted to know what you guys are wearing, and what do you recommend. Right now I have Issey Miyake, Marc Jacobs, and Vera Wang Men, but I'm looking for some new fragrances right now.

I'm discovering how huge this world can get!
Take the cue from the others: Basenotes!

Englandmj7

Reaction score

I have both Issey Miyake and Marc Jacobs, they are great fragrances. It seems as though you may be into lighter/"fresh"/aquatic fragrances. A few others I can recommend along those lines are:

Penhaligon's - Endymion
Truefitt & Hill - 1805
Versace - Metal
Ralph Lauren - Purple Label
Salvatore Ferragamo (the blue bottle)
Creed - Millesime Imperiale

T&H and Penhaligon's can be contacted directly to get free samples (email addresses on their websites), which I suggest you do instead of buying on the net and being dissapointed. Creed, however, will not send free samples. They can be ordered through:

http://www.lessenteurs.com

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite scent, for fall / winter, is Yves Saint Laurent, NU. Eau de Parfum, strength. Many people find this fragrance impossible to wear, but to my nose, it purrrrrs.

Another one that I really, really love is Zanzibar, from Van Cleef and Arpel. I think it may be 'on the way out,' so far as availability. Not sure, on that. Memoire D'Homme, from Nina Ricci, is a magnificent fragrance for cool or cold weather. Tasteful, refined, and very chic.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use aftershave. Occitane puts out a nice one.

alflauren

Reaction score
Chanel Allure Homme - Great for daily wear, all around usage.
Bulgari Black - Very mysterious, long lasting. A great fragrance for a classy event.

oh, one more: Geir. (from Geir Ness of Norway). This is a really amazing scent. Some people like it's crispness/freshness for the summer - I think it's best in a cold winter.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have quite a few. I really like Paul Sebastian. RLPL. St John's. Chanel pour homme.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second Endymion by Penhaligons

Also, anything by Lorenzo Viloresi (especially Piper Nigrum and Yerbamate)

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
I second Endymion by Penhaligons

Also, anything by Lorenzo Viloresi (especially Piper Nigrum and Yerbamate)

I really like LV Vetiver, it's my go-to going out cologne right now, but Piper is a close second.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Piper lovers . . . I hesitate even to write this, but to my nose, NU smells similar, except more refined. Although NU was created for women, it does NOT smell feminine. As a matter of fact, at Bergdorf's, I was told flat out, that NU was considered there, to be a man's fragrance. And, no, I didn't buy any from this lovely gal. Another one I love for winter dress up occasions, is JULES, by Dior.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
Although NU was created for women, it does NOT smell feminine. As a matter of fact, at Bergdorf's, I was told flat out, that NU was considered there, to be a man's fragrance.

I've been told that when it first hit the shelves, it was cross-marketted, which is to say they carried it at both the Women's as well as the Men's Fragrance counters. Same thing was done with the recent Kingdom by McQueen. Over at Basenotes we have a saying: "boys wear men's fragrances, girls wear women's fragrances and adults wear whatever the hell they want."

And to the original poster, I recommend looking into YSL's Live Jazz and Bvlgari Aqva. Creed's MI is also an EXCELLENT recommendation, based upon your tastes, and its worth noting that the new(ish) Sean John Unforgiveable is an almost exact clone thereof, for less money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads