• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Cologne for Young Men?

gametime1

Reaction score
just wondering what some good colognes are for someone in their late teens/early 20's. in 19 right now and about to be 20 in december and have never owned any cologne. I would like something not old smelling like English Leather, maybe something more sweet or fruity. i've got a few sample bottles of the new Marc Ecko cologne which i like, but is it in my age range? I've heard Ed Hardy is good and Gucci Envy too.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Abercrombie and try out Fierce cologne. Kinda played out, but younger women love it.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gametime1
just wondering what some good colognes are for someone in their late teens/early 20's. in 19 right now and about to be 20 in december and have never owned any cologne. I would like something not old smelling like English Leather, maybe something more sweet or fruity. i've got a few sample bottles of the new Marc Ecko cologne which i like, but is it in my age range? I've heard Ed Hardy is good and Gucci Envy too.

the thing is all the guys your age wear something citrusy or fruity, and when you're older you'll realize you smelled like a sissy. that's why you'll switch when you're older and wiser.

actually, citrusy scents are fine in the summer months, but not now.

if i were to go back in time to my early 20s i would wear grey flannel. it's a very serious, masculine scent and you can find it cheap online. girls will think you have the good looks of a young guy with the maturity and taste of an older one.
teacha.gif

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
emporio armani got me all the girls, or issey miyake ..

jtoddaz

Reaction score
If you're going out, Armani Code seems to be pretty popular. Just hope you don't mind smelling like everyone else. I actually like Gucci Envy, I think that'd be a pretty good choice.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
David Beckham Cologne would be my recommendation to you though I know considerably less than the pros here.

pharrow59

Reaction score
john varvatos (the classic one, not vintage)
issey miyake

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
I like/use LaCoste Red in the Spring/Summer months, but it's a little too light to use during the dead of winter.

enginerd917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArteEtLabore14
I like/use LaCoste Red in the Spring/Summer months, but it's a little too light to use during the dead of winter.

x2

lately I've been using armani code or givenchy pour homme (red)

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used Dior Homme when I was 18...still using it now and I'm 22.

I would it is one of the best readily available scents.

Other ones I can think of:

Dior Homme Sport
John Varvatos classic (not the new vintage version - in fact classic is quite similar to Dior Homme)
Bulgari Pour Homme (not groundbreaking but easy to wear and girls don't really care anyways)
Bulgari Black (if you can find it- discontinued - sweet with hints of smoke and burnt rubber)
Thierry Mugler Cologne or A-men or Angel (Cologne is super super fresh like just outta the shower, A-men and Angel are scents with alot of wierd layers, but blended perfectly, but hard to pull off, better to get samples and test it out)
Lacoste Challenge (great for summer!)

Mostly all the Kenzo's are good as well, but they are on the feminine floral side (Air, Amour, the recent Power) but I wear women's perfurmes (No.5 eau premiere and Guerlain Mitsuoko) so to hell with gender bias in colognes.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey marsupials, cologne won't get you laid.

Jpreme87

Reaction score
Comme Des Garcons

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads