• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best clothes for skinny guy

Prince-Tidus

Reaction score
Hi everybody , I'm new here and i need you help guys very badly
I'm getting embarrassed every day with my none fashionable clothes and being skinny becoz i don't like to skinny ( it's like hell for me ) the worst thing is i can't wear stylish jackets and clothes which the perfect guy wear it ( i can just dream of wearing it )
I heard that skinny jeans are good for skinny guys so i went and tried one but i didn't like it because it's attached to my body very much and i don't these kind of clothes
so i came here to get some help from you guys . I'm not fashionable that why i don't know what to do .
Please can somebody help me and show me some picture of the clothes which would be suggested to me to wear
thanx

robbz9206

Reaction score
for real?
55952_5.jpg
http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Robe...igo_17837.html Get these jeans. sz 44 = 28 sz 46 = 30

Prince-Tidus

Reaction score
@robbz9206 :Thanx for help
@ChicagoMediaMan-27 : thanx but I'm not very tall and i want some picture or video which show me how to look smart lol

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
if you hate being skinny then eat more and go to the gym, and get bigger.

then you can fit in regular clothes!

I bet max is a *****.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was actually a skinny **** until a couple months ago when i decided to double my caloric intake, eat healthy food regularly, and start lifting weights.

size 36 jackets used to be baggy on me, but now 38's fit me.

i think most skinny people think they have a super fast metabolism that stops them from gaining any significant weight (i know i did) but when i started counting calories, it turned out i didn't eat as much as I thought i did. on average it was like 1700 to 2000 calories per day.

cfig

Reaction score
max is actually dead on there. I've done the same thing, I've been on a program where I'm eating a whole lot more and working out. I'm now still slender (5-9 150) but I'm still gaining mass and shirts and jackets in particular fit me MUCH better than they used to.

max: you're aren't in S2B perchance?

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cfig
max is actually dead on there. I've done the same thing, I've been on a program where I'm eating a whole lot more and working out. I'm now still slender (5-9 150) but I'm still gaining mass and shirts and jackets in particular fit me MUCH better than they used to.

max: you're aren't in S2B perchance?

i dont know what S2B is

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not everyone can easily bulk up - if I eat loads of food I eventually get a bit of a belly and look kind of bloated, but still pretty skinny, and if I work out loads I get stronger and fitter but still look basically the same. The advice to just bulk up is always irritating.

Anyway most of the advice in the "RULES" thread still applies even if you are not tall. The key thing I think is to find clothes that fit pretty closely, but not skin tight. Clothes like really skinny jeans that actually hug your body will just make you look skinnier, so get slim but not skinny jeans, slimmer cut trousers, jackets and shirts. If you are fairly short as well as skinny really long coats and jackets probably won't flatter, and make sure things like sleeves are cut to the right length or you end up looking like a child playing dress up.

cfig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
i dont know what S2B is

Sorry, it's a workout program for high metabolism types trying to bulk up (Scrawny to Brawny), your comments sounded exactly like the initial diet changes that the program has.

ysc, I totally agree that it's not easy, I've never been able to do before. It's taken a lot of effort and you have to be careful about what you're eating. That being said, it does help your clothes fit a whole lot better.

Prince-Tidus

Reaction score
I'm not knowledgeable about caloric or about these stuff but yes i'm eating more and the worst thing is I don't eat healthy food and fruits , I'm trying my best to be fit but it's not working anymore .
And the Idea about going gym , then I think I have to go but not now because i have Anemia i will think about it later

Neumodo

Reaction score
I'm a very skinny guy too (26 inch waist, 34 inch chest), and I don't seem to have your problem! Think of it this way: if you're on the extreme end of a spectrum, there's an advantage which you should learn how to utilize. Skinny people can generally get away with a larger range of clothes than bulky people (and yes, I do mean well muscled men.) Remember Fred Astaire? He was 'so think, you could spit through him'. And he is one of history's best dressed men.

Honestly, if you still can't make peace with your figure, change it! Anemic or not, I'm sure it's not impossible to bulk up.

Icarium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
Not everyone can easily bulk up - if I eat loads of food I eventually get a bit of a belly and look kind of bloated, but still pretty skinny, and if I work out loads I get stronger and fitter but still look basically the same. The advice to just bulk up is always irritating. Anyway most of the advice in the "RULES" thread still applies even if you are not tall. The key thing I think is to find clothes that fit pretty closely, but not skin tight. Clothes like really skinny jeans that actually hug your body will just make you look skinnier, so get slim but not skinny jeans, slimmer cut trousers, jackets and shirts. If you are fairly short as well as skinny really long coats and jackets probably won't flatter, and make sure things like sleeves are cut to the right length or you end up looking like a child playing dress up.
This is one of the few comments in this thread that is actually helpful. I tried to "bulk up" in college - went to the gym with my meathead friends 5x a week, ate all their stupid supplements, ate 3-4k calories a day + another couple thousand calories of beer a week (lol). I think I gained about 10 pounds, max. I managed to fit properly into a 37R, but I've never made it up to 38R. Don't get me wrong, with my shirt off, I looked like Bruce Lee, or a skinnier version of a Roman statue. However, I still looked skinny. Just really ripped and skinny. Some people just have a small frame and don't pack on the weight. Here I am, almost 30, and still weigh about the same. As my college roommate once said in reference to my weight, "#$%&, man - I'd rather be skinny like you than a porker like me."
smile.gif
But I digress... This advice is key. MOST important to me, is get clothes that fit. Your shirts need to taper, because likely your shoulders/chest are alot wider than your waist. Dress shirts should be taken to the tailor and darted in the back like the Italians do. Just make sure to shrink them first. Sweaters need to fit closely (not skin tight, you need to fit a shirt under there). Baggy shirts aren't hiding anything. SLIM pants are crucial. The thigh area especially is sized way to big for guys like us on 95% of pants made in this country. I wear Levis 511 and random designer jeans that would be skin-tight on a normal dude, but look great on me. Some smokin' college-age Asian girl complemented me on my raw Levis just last weekend. Just shows you that well-fitted clothes don't need to cost $$$$. Overall, get used to wearing slimmer clothes. The most important thing I learned about dressing as a skinny guy was - clothes that are too big (ie, "normal") do NOT hide the fact you are skinny. In fact, it makes you look more thin than you are. Get used to wearing slim clothing and you will never go back. You will gain alot of confidence and self-respect as well.

scubiduu

Reaction score
im a skinny guy myself (140 lbs 6'1)...putting on muscle would be awesome cause i could buy "normal" clothes..but i have to admit that getting big isnt really worth the effort for me since gym all week + eating allday is super timeconsuming and expensive ..and boring to me. something i would recommend when you are skinny is working on your posture and walk...cause thats where the lankyness really shows off...another big thing is getting comfortable with being skinny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads