1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best Chicago hotel

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by SField, Apr 28, 2010.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I usually stay at the Four Seasons - we get good corporate rates and I generally get upgraded to a suite. Was there earlier this week and the view on the lake from the 42nd floor was pretty nice. Hard to beat for less than $200

Wow, great price! I haven't been as fortunate with the rate when I've stayed there. [​IMG]

2. Despos

Despos Senior member Dubiously Honored

I usually stay at the Four Seasons - we get good corporate rates and I generally get upgraded to a suite. Was there earlier this week and the view on the lake from the 42nd floor was pretty nice. Hard to beat for less than $200

You can see Despos on Oak street if you look west from the 42nd floor.

3. Nil

Nil Senior member

I have stayed at and highly recommend the Intercontinental Hotel. It is right in the heart of downtown Chicago, located directly on Michigan Avenue (aka The Magnificent mile, aka styleforum.net user's heaven) and has a 1920's-era feel to it. Very classy and cool. They have a great bar, extensive fitness center spanning three levels, and probably the coolest indoor pool I have ever had the pleasure of swimming in.

That place definitely had the coolest indoor pool I ever had the pleasure of having sex in.

4. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

theWit is one of my favorites, but I've only gone for dinner and to hangout at Roof. I really have no need to stay over night since I live about a mile away...

5. mrkenlewis

mrkenlewis Member

I enjoy the Ritz' lobby, and the Peninsula's spa/pool/restaurants. Yet, when I travel to Chicago I choose location (and cost savings) over style and stay close to Midway Airport at the Carlton Inn Midway Chicago hotel. I use my saved money on dinners at Japonais and spa treatments at the Peninsula.

6. Cavalier

Cavalier Senior member

I believe that you're thinking of the Belden? http://www.beldenstratford.com/ Great location if you don't need to be downtown. Most of the top hotels are pretty much the same. Would stay at a location most convenient for you.
    My family used to have an apartment there, the lobby is wonderful. There's a really good french restaurant too, but I've never been -- only to the less expensive LEYE bistro. Beautiful views of Lincoln Park, but not much in terms of night life in the area.

7. Cavalier

Cavalier Senior member

I have stayed at and highly recommend the Intercontinental Hotel. It is right in the heart of downtown Chicago, located directly on Michigan Avenue (aka The Magnificent mile, aka styleforum.net user's heaven) and has a 1920's-era feel to it. Very classy and cool. They have a great bar, extensive fitness center spanning three levels, and probably the coolest indoor pool I have ever had the pleasure of swimming in.

Indoor pool is fantastic, otherwise the place is forgettable. Peninsula, Park Hyatt, Palmer House, etc. etc. are all a lot nicer.

8. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

My family used to have an apartment there, the lobby is wonderful. There's a really good french restaurant too, but I've never been -- only to the less expensive LEYE bistro. Beautiful views of Lincoln Park, but not much in terms of night life in the area.
    The french restaurant was Ambria - it's been replaced by L20

9. SField

SField Senior member

There are so many hotels in the chicago.I like The Drake Hotel.It is a master at combining the feel of a grand old hotel with every modern convenience.It is a very famous and very big hotel in Chicago.It is an old-world, Italian inspired hotel bordered by Oak Street Beach.

I feel like I'm in a convention center coupled with a dusty funeral home when I walk into the drake.

10. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

I feel like I'm in a convention center coupled with a dusty funeral home when I walk into the drake.
    You're right... but at least they give you hilton points, now.

11. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

No disputing that the drake is not what she once was, but back in her day, there was a reason the Playboy Club was next door:

http://www.chibarproject.com/Memoria...layboyClub.htm

On certain nights, you can still sometimes feel the magic in the old place.

12. ruben

ruben Senior member

Is the Allerton still standing?

13. mrbrioni

mrbrioni Senior member

As someone who travels extensively and only stays in the most luxurious hotels across the world, in my humble opinion I'd choose between the The Park Hyatt and the Elysian, both of these are new, up to date, large rooms, and beautiful!

The Elysian is more of a private experience than the Park Hyatt however the Park Hyatt is #1 in my opinion. The suites are just spectacular with the most amazing views and NOMI is a wonderful restaurant!

I have lots of connections in the Park Hyatt (as I've stayed there many many times) and can get great rates there if interested PM...

14. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

Just stayed at the Amalfi Hotel (Kinzie and State St.) last weekend and it was awesome! Free continental breakfast and evening reception every night with complimentary booze and appetizers.

15. vancevalter66

vancevalter66 New Member

As per my suggestions it is 'The Peninsula Chicago'..The Peninsula Chicago is the city&'s most luxurious and sophisticated hotel, offering guests all the amenities and services. The Peninsula Chicago 339 rooms and suites are among the largest in the city and are decorated in a contemporary style and classic, with a system of prior art "that offers customers the ability to control the room with the touch of a button.

16. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

As per my suggestions it is 'The Peninsula Chicago'..The Peninsula Chicago is the city&'s most luxurious and sophisticated hotel, offering guests all the amenities and services. The Peninsula Chicago 339 rooms and suites are among the largest in the city and are decorated in a contemporary style and classic, with a system of prior art "that offers customers the ability to control the room with the touch of a button.
    Yes, the Peninsula Chicago is exceptionally nice and all, and I've enjoyed my stays there, but this post sounds like [​IMG] .

17. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I know it's not as luxurious as some of the other hotels mentioned in this thread but the Hard Rock Hotel had the most comfortable bedding I've ever slept in.