• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best casual shoes?

Andrewesq

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here. I have two pairs of Allen Edmond shoes for business. Now I am looking for casual shoes.

I don’t care about price. I am looking for durability and quality. School me on what companies/brands are best ?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you'd be better off focusing less on durability and quality, and more on the aesthetics of the shoe. Casualwear is a very big category and the best shoe will depend on the look you're trying to create.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re looking for durability as well as versatility in a casual shoe, I’d recommend a chukka boot.

Plenty of options out there. Careful when you say you don’t care about price as there are options >$1500.

Last edited:

paxonus

Reaction score
If you are looking for something in an English style country shoe, take a look at Trickers. For something more American, look at Rancourt.

Harr9882

Reaction score
When it comes to causal I have tendered toward two brands in recent years. Firstly Paraboot, I have the Michael and the Avignon but they have plenty of great styles and the quality is excellent. The second is Astoflex who do some great suede chukka boots and again excellent quality. I have a brown suede Greenflex and I don’t think you can beat them at their price point.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“casual” is so broad as to be almost meaningless . What kinds of casual outfits do you plan to wear with these shoes?

adrianvo

Reaction score
Suede split toe derby! Nothing says "casual" like two sweet camel toes.
atn1024_Carmina-Split-Toe-Brown-Suede-Front.jpeg

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, "casual" is very broad. I have casual shoes/boots from a number of different companies. Deciding on the style of shoe/boot and type of leather/tanning is a better place to start. Then, based on what you end up liking that will help determine manufacturers for that style/leather. Whites, Alden, Trickers, Carmina, Viberg all come to mind - but there are plenty of others.
First and foremost, I suggest deciding whether you want a true shoe or boots (chucka, chelsea, MP or jumper style).

Mercman

Reaction score
Suede split toe derby! Nothing says "casual" like two sweet camel toes.
atn1024_Carmina-Split-Toe-Brown-Suede-Front.jpeg

They're nice, I like them very much. A lovely casual look but I bet they're quite versatile as well. I could imagine wearing those shoes with quite a broad range of outfits.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree that you'll need to narrow things down a bit. In our current sartorial climate, many would consider anything made of dark leather (i.e. a loafer) as a dress shoe. Some here consider anything less than a black or dark brown cap toe oxford a casual shoe. How would you primarily dress these shoes?

LessIsMore233

Reaction score
if I can recommend boots
I will really recommend wyatt harness boots of any replicates brand
u'll love it, u may not want to wear leather shoes anymore

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads