• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best casual shoes?

Andrewesq

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new here. I have two pairs of Allen Edmond shoes for business. Now I am looking for casual shoes.

I don’t care about price. I am looking for durability and quality. School me on what companies/brands are best 😁

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you'd be better off focusing less on durability and quality, and more on the aesthetics of the shoe. Casualwear is a very big category and the best shoe will depend on the look you're trying to create.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re looking for durability as well as versatility in a casual shoe, I’d recommend a chukka boot.

Plenty of options out there. Careful when you say you don’t care about price as there are options >$1500.

Last edited:

paxonus

Reaction score
If you are looking for something in an English style country shoe, take a look at Trickers. For something more American, look at Rancourt.

Harr9882

Reaction score
When it comes to causal I have tendered toward two brands in recent years. Firstly Paraboot, I have the Michael and the Avignon but they have plenty of great styles and the quality is excellent. The second is Astoflex who do some great suede chukka boots and again excellent quality. I have a brown suede Greenflex and I don’t think you can beat them at their price point.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“casual” is so broad as to be almost meaningless . What kinds of casual outfits do you plan to wear with these shoes?

adrianvo

Reaction score
Suede split toe derby! Nothing says "casual" like two sweet camel toes.

johng70

Reaction score
I agree, "casual" is very broad. I have casual shoes/boots from a number of different companies. Deciding on the style of shoe/boot and type of leather/tanning is a better place to start. Then, based on what you end up liking that will help determine manufacturers for that style/leather. Whites, Alden, Trickers, Carmina, Viberg all come to mind - but there are plenty of others.
First and foremost, I suggest deciding whether you want a true shoe or boots (chucka, chelsea, MP or jumper style).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy