1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best Car Chase Scenes/Movies Ever

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Bentley, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Weird - I always thought the FC car chase was shot in Chicago under the train line there. Every time I'm there, I tell people about it - have I been disseminating BS ? (I mean, in this specific case)

Yes, it was Brooklyn, under what is now the D train.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Cool. No idea where that idea that it was in Chicago came from.

3. A Y

A Y Senior member

Ronin for me. That 4-wheel drift of the Audi at night in the beginning is [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. Also, Grand Prix since a race is technically a car chase.

--Andre

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Cool. No idea where that idea that it was in Chicago came from.

People tend to associate elevated trains with Chicago, since all the Manhattan els (except Metro North above 96th) were torn down long ago. But they are still out there in the outer boroughs.

One of the Spider Man movies has an el scene that was filmed in Chicago, even though the movie (and that scene) are set in New York.

5. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

also any Rockford Files episode [​IMG]

6. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

To Live and Die in LA

And I second (or third) the French Connection

7. onion

onion Senior member

Another vote for the French Connection. As soon as a I saw the thread title that came to mind.

8. B1FF

B1FF Senior member

Despite being a bad 80s kid movie, D.A.R.Y.L. has a decent chase scene.

9. bunnyoswaldo

bunnyoswaldo Senior member

Ronin.....or in real life princess Die-anna in Paris

10. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

so far
    Bullit 3 votes
    French Conn 2 votes
    Ronin 3 votes

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

12. Bentley

Bentley Senior member

Thanks for posting the links. The scenes you guys have found are awesome!

13. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

I like the "slow" car chase in Way of the Gun.

14. Bentley

Bentley Senior member

Probably not the best car chase scene compared to the others listed but I think it's a classic nonetheless: James Bond's Aston Martin in Goldfinger.

Plus...it is Styleforum so there should be at least one 007 reference.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

15. Bentley

Bentley Senior member

Matrix Re-Loaded: Freeway Scene.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

16. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

Transporter 1 was good too

17. sunror

sunror Senior member

over rated for this reason:you can see the same fucking Beetle like 4 times,too much splicing and editing,good yes but very short scene made to look much longer.
    the winner would be Ronin,driven by the chick from Californication no less

the only good moment in a car scene in any movie that i can actually remember is from bullit, and it is not edited. it's a far shot, low camera position, bottom of a huge hill, a horizontal street near in front of the camera, a road ascending up the hill in front of the camera. badguy car comes down hill, makes a left turn (screen right) drives off frame. goodguy car follows down hill, and as he makes his own left turn onto the road, a civilian car enters screen left rapidly, forcing goodguy to turnskid out of its way but still complete the turn

as for movies, i remember enjoying the chases in to live and die in la (didn't one of the chases spill into some long concrete irrigation ditch/structure) though the best scene in that is towards the end when he realizes his girlfriend screwed him

i also recall a long car chase in matrix reloaded

we own the night has one set in a rainstorm

18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ronin, hells yea. There needs to be a poal on this.

The fact that there is no dialogue in the chase scene makes it 100x better.

19. frenchy

frenchy Senior member

the only good moment in a car scene in any movie that i can actually remember is from bullit, and it is not edited. it's a far shot, low camera position, bottom of a huge hill, a horizontal street near in front of the camera, a road ascending up the hill in front of the camera. badguy car comes down hill, makes a left turn (screen right) drives off frame. goodguy car follows down hill, and as he makes his own left turn onto the road, a civilian car enters screen left rapidly, forcing goodguy to turnskid out of its way but still complete the turn

as for movies, i remember enjoying the chases in to live and die in la (didn't one of the chases spill into some long concrete irrigation ditch/structure) though the best scene in that is towards the end when he realizes his girlfriend screwed him

i also recall a long car chase in matrix reloaded

we own the night has one set in a rainstorm

right ,and he passses the same VW Beettle (yellow or green i think) about 4 times...wonderfull editing.

20. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Ronin and The Bourne Identity both have awesome car chases.
    Ronin has the best car chases ever. They are just awesome.
    I like the "slow" car chase in Way of the Gun.
    I'm not sure what that qualifies as, but yeah, it was a very tense scene. Excellent.