1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best Burger Ever!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by odoreater, May 1, 2008.

1. 3 Prague Winters

3 Prague Winters Senior member

I just threw up in my mouth.

LOL[​IMG]

2. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

Made myself a stuffed blue cheese burger with some peppered applewood bacon on top. It was tasty.
    I've made the same on a handful of occasions. Damn, it is a tasty burger. Just made myself a CA-style sourdough cheeseburger complete with avo, swiss, relish, lettuce, mayo, mustard, and a citrus BBQ sauce. Take THAT mad cow disease!

4. Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Nico Samuel Pleninsek Senior member

I just ate a black bean burger, yum.

5. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I'm sorry.

6. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

[​IMG]

You should be publicly flogged for bringing that to the table!!

For future reference, all posts about meat substitute items should be done in the Dumb Threads subforum. (with the exception of bacon salt)

K

7. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

I won't claim it to be the "best ever," but a local place called Jeffrey's makes a truly stand out burger. The key is fresh ground beef (daily and done on premises), cooked to order, and solid toppings. Last night I had one with mushrooms and swiss. I'm also a fan of In-n-Out ... after reading this thread I may even go there for lunch!

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

My new favorite Seattle burger place: Lunchbox Laboratory in Ballard. image I stole from online, since I was too hungry to take one of my own while I was there. [​IMG] I was there last weekend and had the "Rosemary's Bacon Baby" which was a 1/2 lb ground prime-rib patty, rosemary cream cheese, and 6 strips of applewood smoked bacon, on a soft, yet perfect fresh baked bun. I also had bacon salt tater tots and a Nutella shake (Which comes in a beaker!) It was $16... but worth every penny.

9. Matt

Matt Senior member

For no apparent reason, Saigon has really really really good burgers. Better than I have found anywhere in Australia, and way-the-hell better than I had in Singapore. Only the US trumps it for burgers in terms of the places I have lived.

I mentioned the Big Cheese once or twice before here....here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Ingredients:

one 500gram patty
    four slices of cheese
    six slices of bacon
    three tomatoes
    one onion
    one head of butter lettuce
    one pickle
    ....on a jumbo toasted sesame seed bun

This is from Black Cat, which also makes an awesome blue cheese burger called the Blues Brother.

Bobby Brewers does a pretty decent bacon/cheeseburger.

My personal favorite in town is from my mate's cafe (X-Cafe) which has the Kiwi Burger, which is very big, has really high grade beef, beetroot (so good) and all the usual staples.

Very good.

10. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

My new favorite Seattle burger place:

Lunchbox Laboratory in Ballard.

image I stole from online, since I was too hungry to take one of my own while I was there.
    [​IMG]

I was there last weekend and had the "Rosemary's Bacon Baby" which was a 1/2 lb ground prime-rib patty, rosemary cream cheese, and 6 strips of applewood smoked bacon, on a soft, yet perfect fresh baked bun. I also had bacon salt tater tots and a Nutella shake (Which comes in a beaker!)

It was $16... but worth every penny.

Holy shit. Can you proxy?

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Holy shit. Can you proxy?
    Sure... Its gonna cost you $100, but I'll try to get it there two day priority.

12. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

Fathers Office: Went there once and will never go back. I don`t want Teriyucky sauce on my burgers. Apple Pan: Pretty good, and always crowded. Has an old fashioned atmosphere. The burgers are just above average though. 5 Guys: Tried this today after reading this thread. Tastes like the burgers I make at home, so I think this is one of the best places so far [​IMG] No frills, no weird sauces, just a plain burger done right. I will go back, probably often. Kua Aina: In Japan I go to this place sometimes. They say it`s from Hawaii, but I have a feeling it`s more popular in Japan now than it is in Hawaii. [​IMG] Worst burger in the world award goes to Moss Burger in Japan. The name speaks for itself

13. Alter

Alter Senior member

Worst burger in the world award goes to Moss Burger in Japan. The name speaks for itself
    Really? I loves me some Mos! [​IMG]

14. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

It's Mos Burger, actually.

Can't hold a candle to Freshness Burger!

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

That's a big ass hunk of tomato.

16. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

It's Mos Burger, actually.

Can't hold a candle to Freshness Burger!

I forgot about that one! Freshness Burger is the 2nd worst burger in the world, and the name is very deceiving [​IMG]

17. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

The Kuma Burger at Kuma's Corner in good old Chicago, Illinois... [​IMG]

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I buy those frozen lean turkey burgers for something cheap and quick to eat all the time. The only thing is that they're a little bland by themselves so i have to do something to make them interesting. I love putting a fried egg on top like that. Delicious.

I'm still lusting over Tokyo Slim's burger. I can't find a really good burger in tallahassee/gainesville yet.

I made my own burgers for me and my roomate the other day. Took ground sirloin mixed it up with some dale's liquid seasoning, a lot of my dad and neighbor's homemade rub (a shit ton of ingredients that they won't tell me but it's delicious), chopped up onions and garlic. Grilled it out back and got a nice char on the outside topped with gouda cheese on a toasted bun. So good. I was tasting it on my burps all night long and loving it

19. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I'm still lusting over Tokyo Slim's burger.

I fully intend on going back this weekend. I will try to take a picture of what I get for this thread.

20. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

My new favorite Seattle burger place:

Lunchbox Laboratory in Ballard.

image I stole from online, since I was too hungry to take one of my own while I was there.
    [​IMG]

I was there last weekend and had the "Rosemary's Bacon Baby" which was a 1/2 lb ground prime-rib patty, rosemary cream cheese, and 6 strips of applewood smoked bacon, on a soft, yet perfect fresh baked bun. I also had bacon salt tater tots and a Nutella shake (Which comes in a beaker!)

It was $16... but worth every penny.

Oh my God that looks so good.[​IMG]