Best Burger Ever!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by odoreater, May 1, 2008.

1. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Today, I had the best burger ever. It was at a place called Hamburgao in Newark. The burger I had was the regular cheeseburger, which has a burger, mozzarella, potato sticks, corn, lettuce, tomato, and special sauce on a locally baked brazilian roll.

I wasn't super hungry today, but next time I go there I will have their ultimate burger: steak, prosciutto, bacon, egg, mozzarella, potato sticks, corn, lettuce, tomato and special sauce on the special bun.

What's the best burger you've ever had?

2. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i love burgers. it doesnt take much to make me like them. it does take alot to make them bad, unfortunately however, there are lot of places around here with horrible burgers. it is not that hard to make i suppose.

all you need for burgers are (and for most any cooking):

1)freshness . it got to be fresh. just makes that much difference with CRISP pungently colored onions, tomatoes, etc. fresh beef.

2) good quality. not the costco beef patties which are comprised of 70% cartilage and ground bone and spinal matter. i m talking just simply real steak ground.
    buns shouldnt be the thick , tasteless egg buns from savon or whatever.

3)grilled correctly

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

Corn on a burger? That sounds insane.

I like to make a southwest burger - thick patty with pepperjack cheese, homemade guacamole on the top and fresh salsa on the bottom.

4. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Place in Tuckahoe called the Piper's Kilt is very good. Betty's in Santa Cruz is also very good. And, of course, Burger Joint.

For a fancy pants burger, DB Bistro Moderne makes a great one.

And then, of course, there is the Smokehouse in North Oakland (right on the Berekely border), but I suppose the quality of those is not so great, but rather the circumstancs in which they were eaten.

5. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

London has terrible burgers.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I usually enjoy a backyard bbq burger much more than anything that is served to me at a restaurant. Give me a basic soft bun out of a bag of 36, a patty slightly burnt with a nice charcoaly taste and a slice of tasty cheddar and I'm a happy man.

If I had to pick a restaurant burger that I thought was the best, I'd go with In and Out - simple cheesburger with their sauteed onions. Was great

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I'm a big fan of 5 guys burgers, with bacon, sauteed mushrooms & onions, jalapenos, and steak sauce.

Also, when I'm home, I love to make a little salsa, and grill up some thick slices of pineapple for a little bonzai burger.

Really, burgers are great. Any quality meat made into a burger and i'm gonna enjoy it.

8. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Corn on a burger? That sounds insane.

Don't knock it 'til you try it man. Brazilians take their junk food very seriously.

9. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I usually enjoy a backyard bbq burger much more than anything that is served to me at a restaurant. Give me a basic soft bun out of a bag of 36, a patty slightly burnt with a nice charcoaly taste and a slice of tasty cheddar and I'm a happy man.

If I had to pick a restaurant burger that I thought was the best, I'd go with In and Out - simple cheesburger with their sauteed onions. Was great

Yeah, I love me some home grilled burgers too. Unfortunately, nowadays, I don't get to spend much time at home grilling. [​IMG]

10. VMan

VMan Senior member

Wasn't knocking it, just hadn't heard of that before. I'm trying to picture all the flavors together, what was the sauce like?

11. The Wayfarer

The Wayfarer Senior member

London has terrible burgers.

Coincidentally, it's also home of the first veggie burger.

12. dnarnya

dnarnya Senior member

damn i need to go get a burger, this thread has made me hungry

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yeah, I love me some home grilled burgers too. Unfortunately, nowadays, I don't get to spend much time at home grilling. [​IMG]

That's what my NJ friends are for! G'd bless them and their backyards - they love to throw BBQ parties [​IMG]

14. Bouji

Bouji Senior member

Coincidentally, it's also home of the first veggie burger.

Not a wonder... These days we have some plausible places, like Gourmet Burger Kitchen http://www.gbkinfo.com/

I also once had a very nice burger at the Ritz, but that's not really something for everyday...

15. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Father's Office in Santa Monica
    Tyler's in Palm Springs
    Jake's in Dallas