Best Brand Cargo Shorts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RalphLaurenFreak, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Cargo shorts and pants are pretty atrocious; however, Cucinelli features some passable looks, although, they all would look better with big boy pants. Leave the cargo shorts to the weed selling high school kids.

2. BriansAWildDowner

BriansAWildDowner Active Member

I wouldn't have bought them for myself but for my birthday I was given some Kenneth Cole cargo shorts. I like them more than most cargo shorts that I see. The side pockets aren't very noticable and for the most part they just look like regular shorts. Plus they came with a D-ring belt so...bonus.

3. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Best reply in this thread. I recommend TAD Gear's Force 10 Cargos. I like using the rip stop ones here in the bay area, amphibious cloth in more humid areas, and twill in the woods. While I run around in them with some Vibram fivefingers all the time, it's definitely not for style. I'd rather be comfortable than look fashionable when I'm enjoying the outdoors(not that I'd sacrifice it when I do want to look nice).

4. Razele

Razele Senior member

Yo dog its Styleforum not out door forum

5. gilwood

gilwood Senior member

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I love cargos for golf - hold your balls, tees, etc. BR has a pair that doesn't have such billowy side pockets:

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=729513002

i have yet to find anything that can contain my balls [​IMG]

7. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

no billowy side pockets defeats the purpose of cargo shorts... which is to have cool looking pockets

8. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

While I run around in them with some Vibram fivefingers all the time,
    Saw a guy wearing these on the subway a few weeks back...and I thought Crocs were ugly, these things take awful looking footwear to a whole new level. Pretty much everyone was staring at them awkwardly. One girl said to her boyfriend, "UGH! Look at those things on his feet!" while pointing at them, lol.

9. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

i have yet to find anything that can contain my balls [​IMG]

That's why the scots invented kilts.

10. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Saw a guy wearing these on the subway a few weeks back...and I thought Crocs were ugly, these things take awful looking footwear to a whole new level. Pretty much everyone was staring at them awkwardly. One girl said to her boyfriend, "UGH! Look at those things on his feet!" while pointing at them, lol.

I actually really like them. Such a goofy-ass shape, and extremely adorable. I don't think they're stylish, but I find them infinitely preferable to all the bulky ugly running shoes people would wear instead... or Crocs.

11. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Vibram FiveFingers, I mean, not cargo shorts. Cargo shorts are fucking awful. Wear pants like the rest of us.

12. Melo

Melo Senior member

I saw a woman wearing the Vibram 'shoes' on the subway last summer. She looked like a gorilla.

13. Dai19

Dai19 Well-Known Member

Cargo shorts are for the chubby guy in IT to tuck his polo shirts into. Stop deluding yourself into thinking you need all those pockets; unless you're a rock climber or hiker, pants and a bag of some sort would be fine.

But I personally don't believe in shorts of any kind (unless one is in a tropical environment), so my words may mean nothing to you. I've just never seen an outfit and thought that shorts instead of pants would improve it at all.

14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Cargo shorts are for the chubby guy in IT to tuck his polo shirts into. Stop deluding yourself into thinking you need all those pockets; unless you're a rock climber or hiker, pants and a bag of some sort would be fine.

But I personally don't believe in shorts of any kind (unless one is in a tropical environment), so my words may mean nothing to you. I've just never seen an outfit and thought that shorts instead of pants would improve it at all.

Most madras pants would be better off as shorts

15. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i had some canterbury of new zealand cargo shorts from a year or 2 ago. they were badass, made of ripstop material and cool split pockets so they didn't look like typical cargos.