Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Brand Cargo Shorts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RalphLaurenFreak, Jul 16, 2009.

1. BB1

BB1 Senior member

So do you want to be a stud or a super stud?

[​IMG]

2. snake

snake Senior member

So do you want to be a bro or a super bro?

fixed

3. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Beckham is no "bro" dude. Just waiting for some noob to ask for help identifying his shorts like they do for everything else he wears.

4. snake

snake Senior member

[​IMG] at cell phone holster

5. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

The best brand is the one never made. Cargo shorts for fashion purposes on men needs to die just like Ugg boots on women. The sea of them I see more and more of in the summer months paired with flip flops is a sign that the world may in fact just come to an end in 2012 as the Mayan Calendar suggests.

That may be true for skinny-assed punks, but those of us with muscles look great in cargo shorts. Less manly men should stick with seersucker suits and white bucks.

Somewhere, at this very moment, some random girl with big hair and orange skin is defending Uggs just as vigorously. She's likely saying...."That may be true for you pale-assed hoes, but those of us with tans look great in Uggs."

6. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

Somewhere, at this very moment, some random girl with big hair and orange skin is defending Uggs just as vigorously. She's likely saying...."That may be true for you pale-assed hoes, but those of us with tans look great in Uggs."

Uggs for women have nothing to do with cargo shorts for men. Nice try but fail.

7. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

[​IMG] at cell phone holster

Did you get that tip from reading GQ under the covers with a flashlight as a kid?

8. gilwood

gilwood Senior member

Some images for effect:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

10. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

The best brand is the one never made. Cargo shorts for fashion purposes on men needs to die just like Ugg boots on women. The sea of them I see more and more of in the summer months paired with flip flops is a sign that the world may in fact just come to an end in 2012 as the Mayan Calendar suggests.

Uggs for women have nothing to do with cargo shorts for men. Nice try but fail.

So are you reading comprehension impaired, or just extremely far-sighted? I've tried to help you if it's the latter. If it's the former, maybe you could start carrying a dictionary and a thesaurus in your cargo pockets?

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

12. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

If I'm heading to the beach (and not planning on going in the water) or heading for a day of hiking, style takes a back seat to utility. I've had the same pair of J. Crew ripstop cargo shorts for like four or five years for this purpose. One pair is all I need, but when it's really hot and I have to carry some crap (but not enough to justify a bag) they work well. As do cargo pants when it comes to things like cooler weather outdoor activities or really really long flights.

13. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

RL Litchfield is great

14. gilwood

gilwood Senior member

The Lichfield has too many small pockets:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

Whatever's on sale that fits at Loehman's, Marshall's or Ross. i'm not going to pretend that they're fashionable, but they are certainly functional. My pizza delivery days pretty much required them if you wanted to have some sort of organization: delivery receipts in the right cargo, checks, credit card receipts, and big bills in the left cargo, phone and keys in left pocket (shudder), bank & change in the right pocket, wallet right rear.. Everything is designed to not drop shit in the hustle/bustle of delivering. When you're carrying bills and intermingle it with other stuff it's easy to accidentally pull a bill out when digging for something else, etc. It only takes one dropped $20 or a lost check to fuck up a day's work.

[​IMG]

That guy looks like he's delivering more than a pizza...

Anyway, other than that, I've got nothing. They look like shit, but if you need them, you need them. In my case, it was that or a fanny pack like the long timer wore. Fuck. That.