• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Brand Cargo Shorts?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So do you want to be a stud or a super stud?

B-%26-the-cargo-shorts%21-767615.JPG

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beckham is no "bro" dude. Just waiting for some noob to ask for help identifying his shorts like they do for everything else he wears.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
The best brand is the one never made. Cargo shorts for fashion purposes on men needs to die just like Ugg boots on women. The sea of them I see more and more of in the summer months paired with flip flops is a sign that the world may in fact just come to an end in 2012 as the Mayan Calendar suggests.

Originally Posted by westinghouse
That may be true for skinny-assed punks, but those of us with muscles look great in cargo shorts. Less manly men should stick with seersucker suits and white bucks.

Somewhere, at this very moment, some random girl with big hair and orange skin is defending Uggs just as vigorously. She's likely saying...."That may be true for you pale-assed hoes, but those of us with tans look great in Uggs."

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Somewhere, at this very moment, some random girl with big hair and orange skin is defending Uggs just as vigorously. She's likely saying...."That may be true for you pale-assed hoes, but those of us with tans look great in Uggs."

Uggs for women have nothing to do with cargo shorts for men. Nice try but fail.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
facepalm.gif
at cell phone holster

Did you get that tip from reading GQ under the covers with a flashlight as a kid?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
The best brand is the one never made. Cargo shorts for fashion purposes on men needs to die just like Ugg boots on women. The sea of them I see more and more of in the summer months paired with flip flops is a sign that the world may in fact just come to an end in 2012 as the Mayan Calendar suggests.

Originally Posted by westinghouse
Uggs for women have nothing to do with cargo shorts for men. Nice try but fail.

So are you reading comprehension impaired, or just extremely far-sighted? I've tried to help you if it's the latter. If it's the former, maybe you could start carrying a dictionary and a thesaurus in your cargo pockets?

Captain Winky

Reaction score
If I'm heading to the beach (and not planning on going in the water) or heading for a day of hiking, style takes a back seat to utility. I've had the same pair of J. Crew ripstop cargo shorts for like four or five years for this purpose. One pair is all I need, but when it's really hot and I have to carry some crap (but not enough to justify a bag) they work well. As do cargo pants when it comes to things like cooler weather outdoor activities or really really long flights.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever's on sale that fits at Loehman's, Marshall's or Ross. i'm not going to pretend that they're fashionable, but they are certainly functional. My pizza delivery days pretty much required them if you wanted to have some sort of organization: delivery receipts in the right cargo, checks, credit card receipts, and big bills in the left cargo, phone and keys in left pocket (shudder), bank & change in the right pocket, wallet right rear.. Everything is designed to not drop *********** hustle/bustle of delivering. When you're carrying bills and intermingle it with other stuff it's easy to accidentally pull a bill out when digging for something else, etc. It only takes one dropped $20 or a lost check to **** up a day's work.

pizza300.jpg

That guy looks like he's delivering more than a pizza...

Anyway, other than that, I've got nothing. They look like ****, but if you need them, you need them. In my case, it was that or a fanny pack like the long timer wore. ****. That.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads