• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Brand Cargo Shorts?

sartre864

Reaction score
Patagonia or Columbia if you need "athletic" cargo shorts for fishing and whatnot; otherwise, please do not allow your casual shorts to feature sidepockets.

gt33

Reaction score
cargos are great, i usually match them up with all black new balance sneakers and a Karl Kani top...oversized of course for a nice slouchy look

gilwood

Reaction score
Underarmor has some really nice ones that are in wicking material.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best brand is the one never made. Cargo shorts for fashion purposes on men needs to die just like Ugg boots on women. The sea of them I see more and more of in the summer months paired with flip flops is a sign that the world may in fact just come to an end in 2012 as the Mayan Calendar suggests.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
The best brand is the one never made. Cargo shorts for fashion purposes on men needs to die just like Ugg boots on women. The sea of them I see more and more of in the summer months paired with flip flops is a sign that the world may in fact just come to an end in 2012 as the Mayan Calendar suggests.

That may be true for skinny-assed punks, but those of us with muscles look great in cargo shorts. Less manly men should stick with seersucker suits and white bucks.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^
facepalm.gif
4 real tho aint nothin wrong with bdu cutoffs i like the pockets cuz u can put stuff in em

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
No, just no. Cargo shorts are an abomination, and not the good kind. Everyone looks bad in them.
Why not just get some simple cotton shorts or something along those lines.
Chances are you don't really need all those pockets, and if you do shouldn't you be carrying a bag? The only reason I can think for wearing cargo pants at all is if you're conducting some handiwork or adventuring, and cargo shorts aren't even great for that.

Just ditch them.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I am going to differ with the board here, and say I love these for traveling. Ironically, Polo are great, as is JCrew for this.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
yep pretty much standard douche attire, couple with polo and pop collar for max effect

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
That may be true for skinny-assed punks, but those of us with muscles look great in cargo shorts. Less manly men should stick with seersucker suits and white bucks.
False. "Manly men" are the biggest violators.
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
^^
facepalm.gif
4 real tho aint nothin wrong with bdu cutoffs i like the pockets cuz u can put stuff in em

When I'm not hiking or on an expedition, I can fit all the **** I need sanz cargo pants. I will admit I wish I had some those times I get stranded in the desert.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads