Best Boston Dry Cleaner?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wcp45, Jan 17, 2005.

1. wcp45

wcp45 Well-Known Member

I have not used a commercial dry cleaner for my shirts for years, but I will be on assignment in Boston (from my home in LA) for several months, living out of a hotel. I hate the thought of subjecting my shirts to a commercial laundry, but...Can anyone recommend a good dry cleaner in Boston?

2. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

Befriend your concierge. He'll send them somewhere nice. And if you're staying for a while, he'll be a good guy to know.

3. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

There's a place on Harvard Ave. in Brookline. I forget the name of it -- Georgio's maybe?

4. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

I will highly recommend French Cleaners, located at 130 Dartmouth street, 617-424-8084 ( opposite the entrance to the Back Bay train station ) they also have a location at 538 Tremont Street, 617-338-4692. The owner, Joe Baldwin has a passion for perfection in his delivered product and will do hand pressing.
    They also provide pick-up and delivery within a certain proximity to their establishments. Tell him Drinkwater's sent you.

5. drljva

drljva Senior member

Some years ago, when I was in grad school in Boston, I used Jean Palmer Drycleaners. Expensive, I seem to recall, but worth it. Don't know if they're still in business...

JV

6. ejlcpa

ejlcpa New Member

Jean Palmer - much better than French Cleaners, however they do not do shirts. They are located in Woburn, MA. Pricey but worth every penny.

7. Horace

Horace Senior member

I can second French. We've got a townhouse nearby, and have used them. But I also think Dependable Cleaners (a chain) to be pretty good.

8. wcp45

wcp45 Well-Known Member

Gentlemen--thanks for the recommendations.