• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Boston Dry Cleaner?

wcp45

Reaction score
I have not used a commercial dry cleaner for my shirts for years, but I will be on assignment in Boston (from my home in LA) for several months, living out of a hotel. I hate the thought of subjecting my shirts to a commercial laundry, but...Can anyone recommend a good dry cleaner in Boston?

PeterMetro

Reaction score
Befriend your concierge. He'll send them somewhere nice. And if you're staying for a while, he'll be a good guy to know.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a place on Harvard Ave. in Brookline. I forget the name of it -- Georgio's maybe?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I will highly recommend French Cleaners, located at 130 Dartmouth street, 617-424-8084 ( opposite the entrance to the Back Bay train station ) they also have a location at 538 Tremont Street, 617-338-4692. The owner, Joe Baldwin has a passion for perfection in his delivered product and will do hand pressing.
They also provide pick-up and delivery within a certain proximity to their establishments. Tell him Drinkwater's sent you.

drljva

Reaction score
I will highly recommend French Cleaners, located at 130 Dartmouth street, 617-424-8084 ( opposite the entrance to the Back Bay train station ) they also have a location at 538 Tremont Street, 617-338-4692. The owner, Joe Baldwin has a passion for perfection in his delivered product and will do hand pressing.
They also provide pick-up and delivery within a certain proximity to their establishments. Tell him Drinkwater's sent you.
Some years ago, when I was in grad school in Boston, I used Jean Palmer Drycleaners. Expensive, I seem to recall, but worth it. Don't know if they're still in business...

JV

ejlcpa

Reaction score
Jean Palmer - much better than French Cleaners, however they do not do shirts. They are located in Woburn, MA. Pricey but worth every penny.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can second French. We've got a townhouse nearby, and have used them. But I also think Dependable Cleaners (a chain) to be pretty good.

wcp45

Reaction score
Gentlemen--thanks for the recommendations.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.