1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Blazer and Best Price

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Doctor Crane, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Doctor Crane

Doctor Crane Well-Known Member

I have no blue/navy blazer. Sure, I've got plenty of suits, but I am lacking this particular wardrobe staple. Don't ask me how the oversight came to be, I really have no idea. No matter. I am attempting to reconcile my wrong now and I've been shopping around the past few days for the best blazer at a really good price, kind of doing a cost/benefit analysis as I go along.

Now I really really like the offering by J. Press, which clocks in at $405 I believe; I'm not really looking to spend much more than that anyway. Any opinions on the J. Press blazer and/or perhaps some recommendations for something else along similar lines? How would one compare the Brooks blazer to this?

Thanks.

2. Horace

Horace Distinguished Member

I saw some that looked very reasonable on the Hunter & Coggins site, a haberdasher out of No. Carolina. They mightn't be up to your standards but worth checking. Also Dann-Online might have a few that are inexpensive. (Corbin brand perhaps).

3. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior Member

I just purchased a blazer from Lands' End (insert nasty comment here). Half-canvas, wool from E. Thomas out of Italy, fits like a glove. Depending on your size, if you're interested, I'll PM you the item number. They had sizes 40, 42, 44 regular available last I looked.