1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

"Best" black plain toe dress shoes for $800-$900?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lsquare, Jan 15, 2007.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

hmm...well, i'm pretty sure i read in recent magazines that ferragamo tramezza does a 800-900 dollar made to measure shoe.

do some searches on GQ and Esquire sites, and details if their site lets you (that's where i saw them most recently i think, but didn't save the issue)

http://www.esquire.com/features/arti...7Cesq%7Cemb%7C

http://men.msn.com/articlees.aspx?cp-documentid=808246

I think, tho, if you're planning to wear the shoes with a made to measure suit the lobbs would definitely be a killer option-- i have to disagree with most of you guys, isn't dressing well about balance, not extremes in one outfit? If you're wearing kiton or brioni, for the love of God wear a pair of shoes that mirror the well made, tailored look of your suit (lobb, santoni FAM, Vass, there are many options).

yes, trust me you can depend on the staff at any of the stores i mentioned to sell you a top quality pair of shoes when they go on sale in your size. they have a great reputation to uphold, and customer service is very good at all of these places.

However, if you're wearing a cheap fused suit and kiton shoes, maybe you should re-evaluate? just how much of your income did you use to buy those shoes/ why did you opt to get by with a suit of such low quality to wear with your finely crafted shoes? is that what the creators of the shoes intended? why wear an outfit that is so unbalanced? why didn't you just spend your money on a fine pair of allen edmonds, aldens, or similarly priced (but still well made) shoes that better mirrors the level of the rest of your suit?

again, if someone is wearing a cool pair of jeans, zegna jacket/ D&G sportcoat/ helmut lang black sportcoat, or whatever and a pair of high end shoes, i say more power to them. that's a cool look that is both tailored and casual, and that was their intent.

2. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

i would get these for that price!Attachment 2466

Which pair of shoes is this?

3. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Those are Gaziano & Girlings.

4. william

william Senior member

+1

Unfortunately GG doesn't come to Atlanta. But if they did...

5. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

G&G is available for $800-$900?

6. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

I have a weakness for shoes also. I love the wholecuts Foxx posted from Lobb. After this post, I'm going to check out Lobb's site. I loved zjp's shoes in the middle of the lineup. Loved the GGs. And, of all the posts in this thread, I loved Christofuh's the most. Because not only are those beautiful shoes, but his avatar is stunning.

7. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

Well, I just got back from the Lobb site and I really had to call up a lot of willpower and leave before I spent too much $ on a pair of Farndons, Becketts, Garniers, and Staffords. Then there are the Welhams. Also the Foxtons. You are the Devil, Foxx! [​IMG]

8. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

yes, i am pure evil. but, i wear some pretty sharp suits and shoes.

9. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Prices were reportedly 450 pounds RTW on their first trip through the US last fall. So, yes.

10. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Speaking of G&G, anyone notice that they now have a "stockists" page on their Web site?

11. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

[​IMG]

Wow these are nice. By your pic labeling I presume these are Santoni's made for Borrelli correct?

I think your pic just gave me the idea for my next black shoe. Can you imagine this shoe with a G&G chiseled toe and fiddle waist? [​IMG]

12. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

yes i think it is about that i have paid HK $7500 with trees for mine if you know your EG sizing then the fit is the same and just order accordingly!

13. Bertrand

Bertrand Active Member

I like lobbs more than ed green too