Best Bespoke tailoring in New York City

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RobertP77, Feb 1, 2012.

1. David Reeves

David Reeves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Lolz.

I thought about putting up a live stream so you could see everything we do, but I thought it may be a bit invasive when I put my hot wife over the cutting room table.

2. msart84

msart84 Well-Known Member

David,

This is a bit much. Please don't take this the wrong way, but for someone whos' backhanded "compliments" have disagreed with a few posters on this thread, you seem to make very awkward posts that cannot help your business.

I am in sales myself and I often read on SF, despite a low post count, but since I have posted on this particular thread, I have kept up with it. I think it is great that you have a passion for what you do and are going out of your way to expand your business through the posters on this site, but the fact that more than one poster has to comment on the inappropriate nature of your posts should be concerning. Many of the other vendors have greatly expanded their business' through SF, without so much as a single controversial post. Professionalism is important.

If you don't care what I, or anyone else on this board thinks than feel free to ignore all of my points. However if you are here to expand your business, you should care about how your posts are perceived, and consider refraining from any comments that are controversial. Best of luck!

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I think Mr. David is here to express his opinions, as we all are. He should certainty be allowed that, businessman or otherwise...

4. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Use Amex. It will be a subcategory in the year end summary.

5. msart84

100% agree. However, I felt compelled to point out how he was coming across to me, as someone in the market for tailored clothing in NYC. I also thought it worth mentioning, if he does not care how his comments may be perceived, please ignore my concern. I wish him nothing but the best.

6. David Reeves

Its not meant to be a serious post to be taken literally of course. It is a comment about unrealistic expectations of openess and access to information/ business practices that some people have. Sometimes this can become invasive, annoying and inappropriate. I am reminded of the Portlandia sketch were they are about to order chicken on the menu of a restaurant, ask a million questions and then go to the farm to check it out before they order (which they don't).

In the end you will probably never know your getting a bespoke suit unless you take it apart (destroying it) or sit with your bench tailor for 40 hours while he makes it. Fundamentally you have to trust the maker because you cant and probably shouldn't know everything.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well, I don't want any suspicious stains on my bespoke suits. MTM is a different story...

They screw up those categories very often. Since when is a bag of chips at a gas station considered, "Transportation". Clearly it should be under "Restaurants".

8. Rudolf

Rudolf Active Member

Hi Robert

I saw that you were looking for a Bespoke Tailor who does not outsource so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Rudolf Popradi and I am a Bespoke Master Tailor located in Montreal. I know how much you British chaps appreciate fine quality and true craftmanship. I can guarantee that I produce 100% Bespoke suits and that I do not outsource. If you would like more information I invite you to see my video on youtube, just enter Popradi. I explain everything in 4 short videos. "My suits never leave my hands". Enjoy your stay in America.

9. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

What was controversial about David's post? Who are you to police the forum?

10. msart84

You clearly did not read my de facto disclaimer that I included. I wrote as a potential client, and I do not find that type of joking to be professional. I intended my comment to let him know that a potential customer could be put off by that type of joking, and that if he didn't care, he could ignore my concern. No one is pretending to police anyone, but if I see an elephant in the room, I call it out.

11. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I, writing as a potential client, am not put off. Too each their own. Maybe private messages would be more appropriate for you to communicate to David.

12. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

13. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

You should not post things like that; people may take you seriously.

14. David Reeves

I recently took some decent pictures of one of my Bespoke suits with a lining put in by hand including long seams:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its worth clicking on them for a closer view.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

15. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

How much for a bespoke suit at raphael just a around price?