• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Belt?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm still trying to upgrade my belts from the crappy-to-middling collection that I currently have. I have almost pulled the trigger on some Torino belts ( http://torinoleather.com/category6.asp?id=6 ) but am still not convinced that these are a real upgrade from what I've already got. Since I'm looking to upgrade at least 4 belts - black, cordovan, dark brown, and chestnut - at the premium level of $150+ per, we're talking $600+ which is -killing- me. I'm convinced from other threads that they are worth it, but that's a lot of coin for ... belts. So I'm mentally stuck on the Torino price point (more like $100 per) but still dreaming of the better ones.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hermès alligator belt.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
I'm still trying to upgrade my belts from the crappy-to-middling collection that I currently have. I have almost pulled the trigger on some Torino belts ( http://torinoleather.com/category6.asp?id=6 ) but am still not convinced that these are a real upgrade from what I've already got.

Since I'm looking to upgrade at least 4 belts - black, cordovan, dark brown, and chestnut - at the premium level of $150+ per, we're talking $600+ which is -killing- me. I'm convinced from other threads that they are worth it, but that's a lot of coin for ... belts.

So I'm mentally stuck on the Torino price point (more like $100 per) but still dreaming of the better ones.

Torino belts are great value. I have picked up a few.
They just emailed me a coupon code for 20% off.
20Free

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One day when I am really rich I will get a Hermes 'H' alligator belt just for the heck of it,

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Torino belts are great value. I have picked up a few.
They just emailed me a coupon code for 20% off.
20Free

Thanks so much for the tip - I think this is enough to nudge me over the edge and place a weekend haul order
smile.gif

theEnd

Reaction score
You dismissed Brioni in your first post. Perhaps its time to reconsider. You get the quality of Hermes, minus the flash of the H. I recently picked one up, and the pain of the $300 price was offset by the simplistic beauty of the buckle and the quality of the leather. First comment I received on it was "that's the perfect belt".

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trafalgar makes a decent belt, prices are in the BB range.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
I wear an Hermes 'H' belt. What is so awful about them?

Sure you can't buy real ones at a bargain price. You hating on those who can buy it?

I would recommend you buy a belt from a leather accessories brand, rather than a shoe brand. Unless you like vanilla.

QFT

Green Lantern

Reaction score

squalidozzi

Reaction score
For what it's worth,

I haven't seen Zegna mentioned yet, but the best belt I have is an amazing reversible tan and black Ermenegildo Zegna belt I got in Venice. Brooks brothers belts have taken a step down in quality - their leather is much worse somehow, at least for their $90 dress belt I bought >4 years ago. I have an older BB belt from >6 years ago that is still going strong, although some of the plating has come off the buckle.

The Zegna belt's leather puts the brooks and a few of my other belts to shame. Although I don't like the branding on the buckle.. "Ermenegildo Zegna" is embossed sideways on it.

calidist

Reaction score
W Kleinberg belts are fantastic in every respect and reasonably priced for the quality ($125-150).

squalidozzi

Reaction score
From their website, their belts do look truly fantastic... is there anywhere where one might be able to try them on in person?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads