• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mottykytu

Reaction score
I just found Clark Men's Friars and Bass Brockton, awesome !!!

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bass' shoes suck. I am returning a pair of Barretts, they look half decent in pics and terrible in person. The kindergarten rubber sole is nauseating. If you're getting shoes get something with a grown up quality leather sole. I'm returning those Barrets to get the Epaulet x Alden longwings.

I am finding that, for me at least, there's a low end of about $150 MSRP for acceptable sneaks and like $300 for shoes/boots

Its worth it, rather spend more on something I'm actually gonna wear than have a closet full of cheap **** I hate.

Plus if you're patient you can get quality **** on sale. You can prob do the bulk of your shopping in like 2 months out of the year and aave a ton of money

mottykytu

Reaction score
I thinks smart persons is who buy good shoes but low prices !!

Krandy11

Reaction score
Adidas Samba's are the best looking casual shoes IMO, for cheap!

UrbanAesthetics

Reaction score
Sketchers? Really? KIDS wear sketchers. Be open to a more stylish approach Bro. Classic Chucks? Sperry Boat Shoes? PF Flyers? Adidas Samba? Tons of options out there. Commit yourself to doing some research because having a salary cap of $100 doesn't mean you can't be stylish and comfortable at the same time. Hope this helped!
http://urbanaesthetics.tumblr.com/

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
sneaker - Jack Purcell
boat shoe: sperry/sebago
mocc: ll bean /eastland

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
sneaker - Jack Purcell
boat shoe: sperry/sebago
mocc: ll bean /eastland

I agree with all of these and add:

Bean Boots
Clarks DB
Rod Lavers (although these aren't for everyone)

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mottykytu
I just found Clark Men's Friars and Bass Brockton, awesome !!!

The scary thing is, looking at your other posts, you're probably serious.

gululv

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much 100 USD is in GBP right now, but what about these? http://www.margarethowell.co.uk/shop...tton-canvas-04

Have anyone had any MHL sneakers before? I'm thinking about getting a pair for the spring myself. I've also been thinking about the Erik Schedin leather sneakers (more expensive than these).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads