• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best "beater" blazers

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few ben sherman blazers that I got for between $35 - $50 on final sale. They aren't amazing quality, but are slim cut, 95% of people don't know the difference, and I don't worry about getting them spilled on.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any feedback on uniqlo strech slim fit blazer? shd be good for beater jacket
32_066971.jpg

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
h&m

you couldn't just go to a mall and check some out?

I've found H&M blazers to have kind of a lousy fit. The armholes are cut pretty low on the body, and the shoulders are pretty square. This a) looks kind of weird in a casual fit and b) isn't so great if you want to do things like move your arms.

Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
I would hit up some thrift stores. Do some research about some of the older. but great mens brands.

A nice blazer from a thrift store will be miles better than any blazer bought at a mall.

The main problem I see with thrift store blazers is that they're probably going to be a fairly conservative cut for the most part. Padded shoulders, not much waist suppression, too long in the body, &c.

Kinda seems like there should be an SW&D blazers thread, since there are plenty of mistakes to be made but not a lot of great advice on brands, &c. (beyond the big run on Ervell blazers when they were on Gilt a while back).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads