• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best BBQ and best Mexican in Austin

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
...know the name of the little Mexican place downtown close to the river? ...
Las Manitas? (didn't have any steps, though).

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any updates?
Updates? Here's an update: it's only 102 in the shade at the moment, global warming is a hoax, the governor is running a revival-meeting out of the Astrodome and I'm pretty sure no one has opened a new BBQ joint in Austin in the last two months. You're welcome. :)

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Updates? Here's an update: it's only 102 in the shade at the moment, global warming is a hoax, the governor is running a revival-meeting out of the Astrodome and I'm pretty sure no one has opened a new BBQ joint in Austin in the last two months. You're welcome. :)

Giddup. I got my tickets to the Rice game, will be sure to be plenty hydrated before, during and after the game. Any other places, not BBQ or Mexican that I should see for sure? I'm leaving Sunday for hill country (actually the resort Imhoff recommended at the JW) where they have miles and miles of pools, so I will be getting my swim on there.

Come to think of it, I may just hang out in the walk-in beer fridge at the big whole foods. Such an awesome concept when it's 102F.

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back. Austin is a great city. Parkside closed on Saturday for good, for any of the 6th streeters out there. Hope they do something nice with the space, as it really is amazing. Also ate at Chuys, P. Terry (oddly enough both are within a 5 minute walk from each other, even though I visited them 3 days apart), both I give a thumbs up to.

Also did south congress and had an early sunday morning coffee at (somewhere in the Caribbean, I thought it was Jamaican, but know it's not). Joes and hung out with all the weird former hippies with their dirty "Keep Austin Weird" shirts.

The running trail along the river and through Barton is awesome. I even rode the little train from the springs.

From a food perspective - the Whole Foods was great, although there's a million and one food trucks there all over the city. I could do another trip back just to hit up the various, unique, trucks and trailers we saw.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big Chuys fan. The only thing that's any good there is their flan.

dhc905

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

parkside was open on monday...

Sorry, I got the two I went to confused - Paradise cafe closed on Saturday. Parkside was a lot of fun and super-cheap during happy hour (our total bill for 2 with 2 edibles, 4 martini's, 1 beer was 27.00 after tax). Austin is so cheap, it hurts my liver everytime I go.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads