Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Army/Navy store in LA?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Metal Circus, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

I've been to a few, but is there a single best one? Obviously I'm interested in clothes more than ammo or random junk.

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

There's a decent-sized store I used to go to a few exits south of the 110/105 interchange on Main st. I'll see if I can remember the name, but they definitely sold a lot of clothes.

3. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Go to Supply Seargent in Santa Monica near the corner of Lincoln blvd./Broadway, they have ALOT of clothes. They also have a branch right on Hollywood Blvd. near that big costume shop, 6 blocks down from Mann's.

4. whodini

5. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

Yeah, Major is good. I got my $20 peacoat there. I've heard about some amazing warehouse owned by Armenians that has a great selection, but is totally willing to try and rip people off. Is this RDD/Uniwear on Grand (south of downtown)? I've gone there before, but they weren't open.

6. whodini

7. someoneNew

someoneNew Senior member

So what do you guys look for at army/navy stores?

A month ago I got the urge to buy a long sleeve button-up wool military shirt and found a nice fitting German one for like $14 used. Patches, a little worn, and those flaps on top of the shoulders.

I like it's versatility, and am really happy with it - specially for the price. I'm thinking of looking for more there, possibly pants or a vest.

8. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

i saw a huge looking one on santa monica and vine... i only saw the outside. it said army and camping supplies or something. anyone?

9. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

The store in Silver Lake on Sunset and Sanborn is pretty good - it's been there forever.

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

The store in Silver Lake on Sunset and Sanborn is pretty good - it's been there forever.

that's the biggest one I've been to. The one on Santa Monica looks big but I've never been inside.

11. whodini

i saw a huge looking one on santa monica and vine... i only saw the outside. it said army and camping supplies or something. anyone?
    Yeah, I pass by there all the time but don't think I've ever been inside. The one on Sunset/Sanborn's a classic. If you guys didn't know already, they used it in the movie "Falling Down" with Mike Douglas. As for what I look for, mostly vintage military shirts. Those west german army jackets used to look cool until every bastard alive went and bought a copy @ urban. Really liked them because they were practically as skinny as a shirt.