1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best Aftershave

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by javyn, Jul 8, 2008.

1. leon12

leon12 Senior member

I'm shocked that more people don't use Acqua Di Parma stuff. I've yet to fine a better scent and the shaving cream is awesome.

Scent aversion varies a lot from person to person. I like AdP's Colognes, but I found aftershaves and shave creams that were better for less. I didn't love the scent enough to pay the premium, others might.. It's very personal.

2. shahzaib

shahzaib New Member

Calvin Klein aftershave lotions typically possess a blend of mandarin and spice, with low quantities of musk, sandalwood and amber. The scent gear up more peoples encircling around you.

A large variety of classy, alcohol free after shave lotions from Paul Sebastian's are efficient in moisturizing the skin. The masculine fragrance from the lotions is more vitalizing and refreshing.

3. Waistcoat

Waistcoat Well-Known Member

Seriously love Ogallala Bay Rum with sandalwood aftershave. It's witch hazel based, so it's not too drying and the smell is incredible.

4. gwolf

gwolf Senior member

well three years after the first post and i'm diggin nivea balm again. the scent has changed. it's more woody. much better IMO.

i love terre d'hermes aftershave balm as well. i put on even on days i don't shave.

i also like old spice splash. the newer formulation i guess. too lazy to even look for those vintages.

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

i've never personally been a fan of aftershave - just splash cold water after the shave and be done. never been super prone to irritation.

Is there any sort of play between aftershave and cologne? Can you get them to play into eachother? Or does the aftershave scent die soon enough?

6. Doc4

Doc4 Senior member

Is there any sort of play between aftershave and cologne? Can you get them to play into eachother? Or does the aftershave scent die soon enough?

Depends on the aftershave ... most will dissipate fairly quickly, but some will linger.

7. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Musgo Real's Aftershave Balm is great. As is DR Harris' Aftershave Milk.

8. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

I'm shocked that more people don't use Acqua Di Parma stuff. I've yet to fine a better scent and the shaving cream is awesome.

The shaving cream doesn't work well for me [​IMG]. I have much better luck with Trumpers, TOBS, Nancy Boy and, my new favorite, Bluebeards Revenge.

9. OakCreekHitter

OakCreekHitter Senior member

10. superbuddy

superbuddy Member

Gillette series aftershave conditioning balm is effective and better for me.

11. Waistcoat

Waistcoat Well-Known Member

Anyone here use Old Spice? I took the lid off one in the chemist a few days ago to see what all the fuss was about, I thought it smelled terrible...

12. javyn

javyn Senior member

Still rocking the Aqua Velva, cheap and good. Next time though I'm going to give Clubman a try. I love their green hair gel!

13. mediafred

mediafred Active Member

What makes a good afterhsave? Are there any ingredients to avoid or look for?

14. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

1. Slide ice cube on shaven areas.

2. Apply khiels toner or after shave lotion

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Gentleman's refinery... apparenty amongst the best money can buy.

16. Essentio

Essentio Senior member

17. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I like the clubman original. I don't have a dry skin problem or an irritation problem and I like the smell.

Their talc is great too.

18. Doc4

Doc4 Senior member

What makes a good afterhsave? Are there any ingredients to avoid or look for?

Some are basically just water, alcohol, fragrance and colour. Better ones have added ingredients to aid your skin. Glycerin is a good one, but there are lots. Some like Musgo Real have so much good stuff that if you overapply it feels sticky, while others like Speick almost seem to vanish moments after they go on.

19. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member