• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best affordable german army trainer remake?

951socal

Reaction score
What are the best 1970-1980 era German Army Trainer reproduction shoes?

I'm aware of the dior homme and the maison martin margiela ones, but the price is ridiculous for a pair of shoes i want to wear as beaters.

I saw the adidas pair that looked nearly identical to the MMM.
also the german surplus ones on the B&S a few sellers have imported (german made no brand)

just want to know if there are any other options?
since the adidas ones have been sold out of over a year.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i think you've already answered your own question

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The actual surplus one's. The addidas are probably hard to come by now.

MMM on sale 200-250 is the better option.

951socal

Reaction score

The actual surplus one's. The addidas are probably hard to come by now.
MMM on sale 200-250 is the better option.

were the adidas a one time production run? i was hoping there were going to come out with another run this year but looks like thats not happening.

i saw the painted MMM down in the $90-$95 range awhile ago

NormanF

Reaction score
were the adidas a one time production run? i was hoping there were going to come out with another run this year but looks like thats not happening.
i saw the painted MMM down in the $90-$95 range awhile ago

All but high end sneakers are going to be made in Asia. What you're paying for now is the brand name and logo. That's just the nature of today's market.

951socal

Reaction score
im guessing that reply was meant for another thread?

NormanF

Reaction score
im guessing that reply was meant for another thread?

Its a valid one. The poster wants to locate German-made trainers. I'd too, love to know where they can be sourced. My best guess would be to look on eBay.

einfallsloserName123

Reaction score

I think for the money you can get new ones, they aren't expensive. I rarly see people wearing them here, because for most people they are just the cheap german army sneakers. ^^ But maybe this is just in my town.

For example here on ebay somebody sells them for 25€ without delivery charges (at least in germany), saying that they are unused and the original Bundeswehr-Sneakers (the old ones though, maybe they have other ones nowadays, I didn't go to the army, don't know and I don't know if somebody fakes them, which I don't think, because they aren't the most expensive sneakers, they wouldn't make much money).

Here is an online shop selling slightly used one for 15€: http://www.troph-e-shop.com/de/bw-hallen-sportschuh-weiss-gebraucht-29716.html
Don't ordered there though, can't say much about the shop. But it was recommended on some german site. They seem to sell a lot German Army stuff.

edit: This seems to be the online shop of the guy from ebay: http://www.b-buy.de/product_info.php/info/p352_bw-original-sport--und-freizeitschuh-bundeswehr.html
There you can also switch to english language, from € to $ and the delivery charges aren't already included in the price. Though no guarantee, I never ordered there.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads