Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Best Affiliate Hoodies?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Jared

Jared Distinguished Member

In response to all the whining (by yours truly as much as anyone! [​IMG]) about W+H availability, I thought it would be interesting to see some picks for hoodies that are currently available from SF affiliates. For example, LA Guy encourged us to order Julian Red hoodies from Denimbar - he may have been thinking of the Munki (does JR have other hoodies?): [​IMG] (Also rocked by mr p on SuFu. Although I couldn't pull it off myself, so please pick some minimalist / traditional designs. [​IMG])

2. dryice

dryice Senior Member

great hoodie, but runs a bit big? small body width is 56cm (22inches) :/

3. diamonds

diamonds Senior Member

it almost looks like its made of denim.

4. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior Member

it's got a monk vibe goin on... not for me. But thanks for throwing up some different options.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

great hoodie, but runs a bit big? small body width is 56cm (22inches) :/

It's meant to be worn slouchy and oversized, matched with antifit jeans. Not a look most can pull off. Best if you are tall, slender, but with wider shoulders (i.e. a runway model.) Interesting hoodie though.

Denim Bar also carries The Cast, and I believe, Surface 2 Air hoodies, but neither have the skinny hoodie aesthetic of the W+H/Wings & Horns hoodies. Peasant has a kick ass Rogan pullover hoodie right now, which some one should get me. The Troy hoodie (http://www.azaleaonline.com/uppmkntf015.html) at Azalea is interesting. More of a woven jacket than a fleece hoodie, but quite nice. I am actually contemplating this (as if I don;t have enough hoodies already) as well as the Rogan hoodie (which is quite slim - analogous sizing to w+h stuff.

6. Jared

Jared Distinguished Member

The Troy hoodie (http://www.azaleaonline.com/uppmkntf015.html) at Azalea is interesting. More of a woven jacket than a fleece hoodie, but quite nice. I am actually contemplating this (as if I don;t have enough hoodies already)
    That hoodie was one of the others that I was curious about. Revolve says it's made out of "dual-layered cotton gauze", which I can't really picture except to be concerned about it's durability. [​IMG] Here's the closest pic I can find (source): [​IMG] Uppercut is in Vancouver, right?

7. as343

as343 Active Member

how much do they run at denimbar?
    oh and, any other pics of anyone else wearing it?

8. LA Guy

That hoodie was one of the others that I was curious about. Revolve says it's made out of "dual-layered cotton gauze", which I can't really picture except to be concerned about it's durability. [​IMG] Here's the closest pic I can find

Uppercut is in Vancouver, right?

Yes, Uppercut is a Vancouver based company. That piece is really more like a jacket than a fleece hoodie. The material has a dry hand and no elasticity. Interesting piece. Construction and design are decent, but notoutstanding, imo. The material is the most compelling thing about the piece.

9. as343

as343 Active Member

denim bar's all sold oiut [​IMG] any other places where i can order besides rakuten? i dont want to spend 250+ on a hoodie [​IMG] oh anyone know of any nice hoodies with the huuuuggeeee hood that makes u look like a jedi?

10. masqueofhastur

masqueofhastur Senior Member

Does Michael J Krell count as an affiliate yet?

11. sam_tem

sam_tem Active Member

yeah, that hoodie's awesome

i totally want to snatch that up now so someone please post availability if they know of any

12. LA Guy

Does Michael J Krell count as an affiliate yet?

Yup! If they have a special affiliate thread (pinned, for affiliate announcements, etc...) they are an official affiliate. There are other stores (Drinkwaters, for example) which are not affiliates, but are friends of the forum.

13. LA Guy

The more reach they know the forum has, the more likely they are to become affiliates. If you happen to order from your favorite webstore, mention that you would patronize the store even more if you they were a Styleforum.net affiliate. Then PM me, and I'll work on it. I am a busy, busy bee.

14. masqueofhastur

masqueofhastur Senior Member

In that case, I have to go with the orange 3/4 sleeve hoodie with the tree design on the front by MJK being the best affiliate hoodie.