1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Best action movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Matt, Aug 29, 2006.

1. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

The good, the bad, the weird.

2. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

The good, the bad, the weird.

This movie was so great. I paid 10 bucks to watch it in theatres but I would have gladly paid 50$ to see it on the big screen.

3. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

This movie was so great. I paid 10 bucks to watch it in theatres but I would have gladly paid 50$ to see it on the big screen.

+1000

4. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

Has anyone mentioned The Matrix? It's probably the most brilliant hijacking of John Woo's technique ever. That scene where there is the shoot out at the bottom of that building with the marble floors and walls must of had Woo sweating.

Also, the last 2 Bourne movies. The first one, other than the great hook of the narrative, is pretty meh.

for all intents and purposes, the matrix is sci-fi, not action. that's probably why it hasn't been mentioned.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

6. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

no one mentioned Punisher: War Zone? this movie is great!

I can't believe I forgot about that one. Hell, I watched it yesterday. Love that movie!

I'll also add The Punisher (both the '89 and '04 versions - I'm a huge Punisher fan), I forgot about Man on Fire and Taken as well.

8. watchcollector2454

watchcollector2454 Senior member