• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best “high wearing” shoe

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if there are any shoes/boots that can take a bit of a beating in terms of how much wear? I have a couple of pairs of RM Williams which are amazingly comfortable, but wanted a shoe that might compare.

I do a lot of walking in my job, and can sometimes do 15k steps in a day. Looking for a shoe that can take that Sort of punishment hut still look good. I have plenty of shoes In the rotation, and also lots that I simply won’t wear on a normal day as I don’t want them ruined.

Any brands that can take a huge workload and still look stylish/classic?

Leiker

Reaction score
Trickers are built like tanks, I think they'd meet your requirements.

Sutefan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Wondering if there are any shoes/boots that can take a bit of a beating in terms of how much wear? I have a couple of pairs of RM Williams which are amazingly comfortable, but wanted a shoe that might compare.

I do a lot of walking in my job, and can sometimes do 15k steps in a day. Looking for a shoe that can take that Sort of punishment hut still look good. I have plenty of shoes In the rotation, and also lots that I simply won’t wear on a normal day as I don’t want them ruined.

Any brands that can take a huge workload and still look stylish/classic?
15k steps mainly indoors won't be a problem for most British makers. Edward Green, Pauo Sargent are two of my favourites. Alden would also be good.
For wearing outside, a double leather EG sole can take a ton of beating, but for rainy days of wear rubber nonetheless.

willyto

Reaction score
Vass Budapest makes really tough shoes in my experience. Specially if you choose a double leather sole. I've walked around 10k steps a day for a few years with some of their pairs and I still haven't needed to do a resole but I've had to replace the heels obviously.

I've walked thousands of Km on my shoes and they still look like new. I'm not exaggerating as I walk to and from work daily at least 7km and on trips to London and used to do like 15-18km a day.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crockett and Jones' Pembrokes are a great shoe that will take an all-weather beating and certainly stand up to a lot of wear.

I also find that shell cordovan models will always endure beautifully.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads