• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
p.s. though my wife's reception on this is a lot better than my wife's reception on Hawaiian shirt, she think Hawaiian shirt all looked like either
1. retired, which I'm not
2. cheap Taiwanese gangster from some early 90s movie (and that wasn't a complement by her book)
Say these 2 things like it's a bad thing.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"2" might earn me some street cred on SF but definitely bad by her book...

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what my wife said ?‍♂️ ...

The simulation is starting to break down. Clee just interpreted a @Bromley post that was clearly about @TheFoo (doing 'cowboy stuff' was a reference to the premature wear of the shirt), about being about himself.

99.999999999% this should have transpired the other way around. Too many standard deviations from the norm that this just happened.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rmc is known for the quality of their leathers. that's about it. the rest is very good surely very expensive marketing
check out the superfuture thread on the brand, many similar experiences documented there
[/QUOTE]

E1062565-49B5-499B-961A-46D92B13C432.gif

rmc is known for the quality of their leathers. that's about it. the rest is very good surely very expensive marketing
check out the superfuture thread on the brand, many similar experiences documented there

It’s true they maintain a very strong brand image. I’ve acquired a fair amount of denim, sweats and leather jackets from RMC, as well as some western chambrays and other ephemera, and I’ve had my hands on their N-1s and M-65s. I’m not really equipped to judge textile and manufacturing quality, but I’d say they’re about on par with other Japanese repro brands, with the leather being a notch above, as you indicated. Although I should note I haven’t had my hands on much else leather wise.

Personally I buy into the brand image and find their cuts and material more appealing than, say, Buzz Ricksons. They have a more expansive aesthetic than a Flat Head/Iron Heart and serve a somewhat different niche than Freewheelers. In basics they overlap with all of those, Warehouse and more. I actually prefer Warehouse Ts to the RMC x Armoury T I handled (which was tubular knit). I haven't handled other loopwheel sweats, but have found RMC to be very comfy in a way I hadn’t previously experienced. Denim wise, I’m more drawn to Samurai and Resolute, but that has partly to do with cut as well as denim. As for the western chambrays, I find the diamonds snaps to be a luxe detail not found elsewhere.

As for the longevity question, I feel that reviewers sometimes hold brands to a bit high of a standard. One comment concerning holes developed in a sweatshirt was from an individual who had worn it daily while working construction. That is not what RMC is for, in my opinion. They situate themself as luxe repro and I think should be treated as such.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After ONE wash. No dryer. Never worn. Only happened on one shirt. You can see clear through to my chest.

Don’t tell me this is normal or I am being too CM.

WTF.

View attachment 1687519

Ok, so I’m gathering you went with Real McCoy’s for your western. I also would not expect this and would certainly reach out to Armoury or wherever you got it to coordinate a replacement or refund.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As for the longevity question, I feel that reviewers sometimes hold brands to a bit high of a standard. One comment concerning holes developed in a sweatshirt was from an individual who had worn it daily while working construction. That is not what RMC is for, in my opinion. They situate themself as luxe repro and I think should be treated as such.

Yeah, but holes after one wash without ever being worn?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, so I’m gathering you went with Real McCoy’s for your western. I also would not expect this and would certainly reach out to Armoury or wherever you got it to coordinate a replacement or refund.

Unfortunately, I bought straight from Japan through a proxy. And my size (15) is sold out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads