• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...Why not go to Kabbaz? He's much closer to you, loves multiple shirt orders and boasts that he's made everything, including karate gis. And I know that foo is a man of exacting taste, so he would surely appreciate Kabbaz's vaunted claims to be the best...

Manton is the only one I know with shirts from Kabbaz.

The cachet of Kabbaz was lost after the price hikes. The only people who truly own Kabbaz shirts bought them a long time ago.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The cachet of Kabbaz was lost after the price hikes. The only people who truly own Kabbaz shirts bought them a long time ago.

Jeezus how high did the prices get? They were always astronomical. If I recall, he was charging $1,000 a shirt 15 years ago. He used to make fun of the AAAC crowd for not being able to afford him. And they loved it. Make of that what you will.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How heavy is this denim? Personally, I prefer a looser, softer fit. Also hate that Iron Heart puts their label on the chest pocket.
It's a 12oz cotton drill. Loose and soft it is not. I would have loved to have had shirts like this when I was working but as well paid as we were $350 a shirt bought a half dozen at a time would have been crazy. I sort of agree about the tags but traditional American heavy workwear mfgs all tagged their stuff. Levis, Ben Davis, Carhartt, Dickies, even Red Wing and these Japanese repro brands can a little fanatical about that kind of stuff.

clemente21

Reaction score
I read somewhere (Permanent Style, maybe?) that Ethan Newton of Bryceland's wears (and washes) the same sawtooth denim shirt twice a week. Basically beats the hell out of it as you suggest.

Yeah the Bryceland's shirts look great if they get a ton of wear.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a 12oz cotton drill. Loose and soft it is not. I would have loved to have had shirts like this when I was working but as well paid as we were $350 a shirt bought a half dozen at a time would have been crazy. I sort of agree about the tags but traditional American heavy workwear mfgs all tagged their stuff. Levis, Ben Davis, Carhartt, Dickies, even Red Wing and these Japanese repro brands can a little fanatical about that kind of stuff.

seam ripper would do

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bro. You are so much older than the last time I saw you.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeezus how high did the prices get? They were always astronomical. If I recall, he was charging $1,000 a shirt 15 years ago. He used to make fun of the AAAC crowd for not being able to afford him. And they loved it. Make of that what you will.

I have no first-hand experience w/ Kabbaz, but I recall a Manton pic in which he wore a Kabbaz shirt from that thread where he'd heavily critique people's jacket/tie/shirt combo like @olddog or whatever his handle was. It was around 2009 Somebody spotted Manton's shirt as being Kabbaz in his pic, and some people balked at the price. Manton claimed to have bought the shirt for a couple hundred bucks before the 'price hike.' Back when that kind of thing was a badge of honor. If somebody wants to find, somebody called Manton "a tall glass of water." Also, there was some phrase about an old dog learning new tricks...It's all so hazy after the crash.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ hm it's true on a washed maybe , worst case you end up with a little dark denim tab which is still dope imho

on a raw example it wouldn't , esp over time

i'll pull the patch off of say 501s if i feel like , sometimes if i've totally broken them or if i alter them or whatever . take the branding off and leave a indigo shadow , it's not sacred it's rather happily profane imho

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not go to Kabbaz?

Good Lord, man! Are you crazy?!

We might end up with a repeat of this, but in real life, rather than over the internet:

I can't help but feel that if The Foo saw Kabbaz in the flesh and if he was wearing (green leather Hermes) gloves, he'd take one off and slap Kabbaz in the face with it:

"It is now you who are speaking without propriety. I was not offended by your debate with me until now.

First of all, I am not a college student. I am a law student. I would like to assume you made an innocent mistake, but given the rest of your statement, it sounds likely you merely intended to counter my arguments by denigrating my person.

Second of all, and on that note, to insinuate that your position is untenable because I am a student--of whatever sort--or because I am apparently "steeped in theory" amounts to name-calling. In the same way, I might attempt to debase your arguments by insinuating you are merely an over-priced shirtmaker with a self-interest in justifying what you extort from your clients through dubious claims of altruistic artisanship. Of course, you wouldn't like such an insinuation against your character or motivations. I don't either.
I have my suspicions about you and your business, but I have not voiced them. I will not at this time because they remain suspicions. However, I think this thread provides reasons why others should have suspicions of a similar sort."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads