• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LOL at self-car washers...

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure :foo2: is doing a fair bit of research & legwork for this project, but it would be nice if he could check in every now & then to update us on his progress. Given the wild card the Delta variant has dealt him, I'm fearful that fittings in Paris might be exceedingly frustrating to coordinate in the future. In fact, the whole notion of a western shirt being tailored almost 5,000 miles EAST of the Western U.S. has likely struck many of you as absurd. I was pondering this inherent contradiction the other day when it suddenly dawned on me that the fallacy of the European shirtmaker might best be solved by looking WEST, way west.

As Piobaire is our resident honorary Kama'aina, perhaps he could weigh in here?

I really like these. Thanks for sharing! I got a notification when going to the page to use 'SAVE30' for 30% off my order.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I'm sure :foo2: is doing a fair bit of research & legwork for this project, but it would be nice if he could check in every now & then to update us on his progress. Given the wild card the Delta variant has dealt him, I'm fearful that fittings in Paris might be exceedingly frustrating to coordinate in the future. In fact, the whole notion of a western shirt being tailored almost 5,000 miles EAST of the Western U.S. has likely struck many of you as absurd. I was pondering this inherent contradiction the other day when it suddenly dawned on me that the fallacy of the European shirtmaker might best be solved by looking WEST, way west.

As Piobaire is our resident honorary Kama'aina, perhaps he could weigh in here?
I've watched too much HGTV to wear that - one of the Property Brothers (the tall one) wears this style of shirt almost exclusively.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would that be a bespoke Western Shirt on Sr. Dali ?
Anecdote: My then future wife and I met Dali ,and presumably,
his wife at Allen's Bar on the upper East Side (NYC) New Year's Eve 196…..
He gave my wife the look over and nodded his approval. We then toasted each other.
Dali was wearing a red-lined cape over his tux or full dress. I don't recall which.

tumblr_pvh6nh0Rwo1qzooxpo1_1280.jpg

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, due to the bad influence of this thread I got some RRL western shirt now I got to say I really don't see myself wearing them that often.

You should have come to me first. We could have prevented this horror through immolation.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well I could always fit square peg in a round hole, so I'm sure I'll make it work one way the other, plus my cost basis is pretty decent...

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've watched too much HGTV to wear that - one of the Property Brothers (the tall one) wears this style of shirt almost exclusively.

I'm worried that at this rate we will never reach 200 pages before :foo2:'s shirts arrive from Paris. I know it's not HGTV, but the NYT's 'New Season' Film/Television section last Sunday featured this guy from Fixer Upper who seems to have successfully mixed two different pocket flap styles (slant on the right pocket, sawtooth on the left) on the same shirt! If Charvet is still on the fence about accepting Foo's order perhaps they can be swayed to take on his admittedly risky commission by an appeal to the intrinsic allure of the avant-garde? This strikes me as an interesting proposition - does anyone know the deets on this?
1632410535524.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads