• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking of having a bespoke western outhouse made-up. I have a number of porta potty versions, but they are sub-optimal in fit as they are RTS (ready to ****). Not looking for a dressy western saloon outhouse or an outhouse with western detailing, but an honest-to-goodness western outhouse for casual ********.
All proper outhouses must have a **********.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We used to play high school basketball against a team from Maude, TX and when we played at their gym I would always see several girls with cans of snuff in their back pocket - they’d be leaning against the door, watching the game while spitting into a soda cup.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be warned, bespoke western wear is a slippery slope. You’ll need these fancy denim pants to do the Charvet shirt any justice

7AB209FD-09A6-404F-8A4F-A59B50CF85A8.jpeg

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This would be the perfect opportunity for Sal Ambrosini to mend fences & bury the hatchet w/ :foo2:. Hopefully he's taken note of the various denim preferences expressed early on in this thread and will have some viable options lined up when the time comes. It seems to me like the sourcing is what is really holding this project (the shirts) up - we know it can be done....
ad8.jpg

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of that famed vasciaiolo once more, this is a good opportunity for me to get some more well deserved likes for the best poast I've ever poasted: what has famously become known throughout the world as 'The Ambrosi Incident.' I beg your patience in me setting up the exchange.

Last edited:

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#1 The Ambrosi Incident –– I was going to detail the whole fiasco, but I will let sleeping dogs lie. However, I feel compelled speak to your role in helping me save face with my Japanese partners with whom I had invested a large amount of borrowed money in a speculative real estate venture. (I referred my partners to Ambrosi, and when you make such a referral in Japan, you vouchsafe for that person's actions as your own). When my partners trousers didn't arrive on schedule, and as time and time went on, I became suspicious. I did a google search, something along the lines 'Ambrosi pants scam.' A thread in which you delineated the business practices of Ambrosi surfaced. This was the day in which I discovered this forum, a discovery which has given me endless pleasures. But on that day I was furious. I called up Ambrosi and told him the jig was up: my partners need their pants. I told him I read the Sytleforum thread, and soon all of Italy will find out about him. I said I had tracked him down and I know he's partying it up on Jeju Island. He said MaFooFan was a buffoon: he couldn't be trusted. I said, on the contrary, I have gone through his posts, and he has taught me, an Italian, things I didn't know about Italian tailoring. He said that wasn't surprising because I was a Northerner. I had it at this point. I told him to go back to Naples and get my pants. I told him in a way that roughly translates to: 'go immediately back to Naples and be with the prostitutes, but don't use your hands, which God has blessed, for immoral purposes.' Needless to say, I not only got the back ordered pants, but additional pants for my partners free of charge. If I didn't find MaFooFan's thread, I would never have confronted Ambrosi before he completely went to the dogs. I would have been financially ruined on account of all the other things that went wrong with my real estate venture: the pants would have been the straw that broke the camel's back and my partners would have left me holding the bag. Instead, we all pulled through together and prospered (Never again with the Japanese real estate: it is the worst).

#2 The Hermes Incident –– I walked into a Hermes' retail location to look at women's hand bags and received rather brusque treatment. I was upset because I had absolutely no intention of buying anything. (General Employer Rule #3: unless a maker is an artist (let's say artistsan from now on), never pay more than 80% off MSRP, but ideally have somebody take a big loss when they are in a pickle). I present myself though as a man of the world for whom money is no object. Everyone always believes this about me. But I felt like this young retail employee read into my soul: that she somehow traced the long line of aristocratic money grubbers in my features. It's like she knew that I go to a number of retail shops with the purpose of educating myself so that I may properly strike when the iron is hot. It's like she bore witness to the looks of disappointment of the faces of retail clerks across the United States when I invariably say the words, "I'll think about it." I swear dear members, the look she gave me was one of an avenging angel, like all my sins were accounted for. Needless to say, afterwards, this shattered my sense of self, and I fell into a deep depression. I was seriously contemplating whether or not I should just end it all. But then I had a thought: 'what if they treat everyone like that at Hermes?' I performed a google search, and like a miracle sent from heaven, there was MaFooFan's green wallet thread. Just like MaFooFan educated me about the business practices of Ambrosi, he likewise enlightened me about Hermes, which of course makes perfect sense in a grand sociological context: One wants to run off with your money, and another wants to spit on it. This is life, I told myself. It is nothing I didn't know already. But yet, somehow, 'I was brought to the school-house' as they say where I'm from.

Last edited:

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The above exchange, and additional hijinks, may be found by clicking the link to the quotes. You will be transported into the most glorious hijacking man has ever seen: the time Foo hijacked the Gdl's Cool Furniture threak and turned the convo to Chinese teapots (all the way to ru ware to more pedestrian options)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shitpoasting excellence...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#1 The Ambrosi Incident –– I was going to detail the whole fiasco, but I will let sleeping dogs lie. However, I feel compelled speak to your role in helping me save face with my Japanese partners with whom I had invested a large amount of borrowed money in a speculative real estate venture. (I referred my partners to Ambrosi, and when you make such a referral in Japan, you vouchsafe for that person's actions as your own). When my partners trousers didn't arrive on schedule, and as time and time went on, I became suspicious. I did a google search, something along the lines 'Ambrosi pants scam.' A thread in which you delineated the business practices of Ambrosi surfaced. This was the day in which I discovered this forum, a discovery which has given me endless pleasures. But on that day I was furious. I called up Ambrosi and told him the jig was up: my partners need their pants. I told him I read the Sytleforum thread, and soon all of Italy will find out about him. I said I had tracked him down and I know he's partying it up on Jeju Island. He said MaFooFan was a buffoon: he couldn't be trusted. I said, on the contrary, I have gone through his posts, and he has taught me, an Italian, things I didn't know about Italian tailoring. He said that wasn't surprising because I was a Northerner. I had it at this point. I told him to go back to Naples and get my pants. I told him in a way that roughly translates to: 'go immediately back to Naples and be with the prostitutes, but don't use your hands, which God has blessed, for immoral purposes.' Needless to say, I not only got the back ordered pants, but additional pants for my partners free of charge. If I didn't find MaFooFan's thread, I would never have confronted Ambrosi before he completely went to the dogs. I would have been financially ruined on account of all the other things that went wrong with my real estate venture: the pants would have been the straw that broke the camel's back and my partners would have left me holding the bag. Instead, we all pulled through together and prospered (Never again with the Japanese real estate: it is the worst).

#2 The Hermes Incident –– I walked into a Hermes' retail location to look at women's hand bags and received rather brusque treatment. I was upset because I had absolutely no intention of buying anything. (General Employer Rule #3: unless a maker is an artist (let's say artistsan from now on), never pay more than 80% off MSRP, but ideally have somebody take a big loss when they are in a pickle). I present myself though as a man of the world for whom money is no object. Everyone always believes this about me. But I felt like this young retail employee read into my soul: that she somehow traced the long line of aristocratic money grubbers in my features. It's like she knew that I go to a number of retail shops with the purpose of educating myself so that I may properly strike when the iron is hot. It's like she bore witness to the looks of disappointment of the faces of retail clerks across the United States when I invariably say the words, "I'll think about it." I swear dear members, the look she gave me was one of an avenging angel, like all my sins were accounted for. Needless to say, afterwards, this shattered my sense of self, and I fell into a deep depression. I was seriously contemplating whether or not I should just end it all. But then I had a thought: 'what if they treat everyone like that at Hermes?' I performed a google search, and like a miracle sent from heaven, there was MaFooFan's green wallet thread. Just like MaFooFan educated me about the business practices of Ambrosi, he likewise enlightened me about Hermes, which of course makes perfect sense in a grand sociological context: One wants to run off with your money, and another wants to spit on it. This is life, I told myself. It is nothing I didn't know already. But yet, somehow, 'I was brought to the school-house' as they say where I'm from.
tl; dr

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads