• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1628173

I hesitate to post this as it falls under the Baskervillean, “I would love to tell you, but then, of course, I'd have to kill you,” but as few people know where I am, and those that do are reluctant to brave the road, I feel secure.

I have discovered that one of the last wild jackalope populations in the Northeast exists on my property.

First introduced to Wyoming by the Messrs. Herrick, jackalopes (Lepus antilocapra wyomingensis) traditionally flourish in the west. Fortunately, there are a few pockets throughout the continent where microclimates best mimic their natural environment in the Principality of Florin.

Though they are protected, occasionally one can get a nuisance permit. You see, when a male jackalope reaches a venerable age, he takes to stealing whisky, cigars and rhubarb pie from local cabins. And since they can often mimic human voices, a drunk jackalope will sit outside your window and taunt you by disparaging the quality of your cigars. Strangely, he will happily eat the most mundane rhubarb pie.

Since spring, I have been kept up at night by a particularly cruel jack insulting my Crown Royal and cheap Dominican cigars. To make it worse, he’s been doing so by imitating my Canadian accent, the cocky little bastard.

I applied for a permit.

Official jackalope season is only on one day a year — June 31, from midnight to 2 a.m. — and to qualify the hunter must have an IQ greater than 50 but not over 72. The only allowed weapon is a slingshot made from the crotch of a dead elm and Toronto Maple Leaf hockey elastics. (Killing a jackalope isn’t easy.)

You are allowed to bait them, so I put out a 30-year-old Laphroaig and a cuban Romeo Churchill that I had been saving for a special occasion. He took the bait.

At 1:17 a.m., I saw a little movement near the bottle and heard, “Finally something decent, eh.” I listened as he poured three toes of whisky and striked up a match to light the cigar. As the flame lighted up his face, our eyes met. He just had time to whisper, “You clever hoser,” as I let loose.

The mount arrived in time for our Field & Stream shoot last fall.

lefty

I literally lol'ed ?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dogjaeja

Reaction score
Took a few days, but I've finally caught up to page 80 now.

Don't think anybody has mentioned Turnbull & Asser RTW western shirts yet.
They had a T&A x Kingsman model with MOP snaps (not the rounded pearls though).

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost there!!

Ngl, idk wtf this has to do with leather jackets, bespoke Charvet western shirts, or tennis balls as ****.
I have no idea. But we’re on to dinner in Monterey. Any recommendations?

family friendly an must, willing to head out of town as well.

there is a ramen and rolls place that looks intriguing…

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not sure about family friendly, but Anton and Michel is a Carmel
institution. Reliable and expensive high-end "continental/california" fare.

Less exclusive but really very decent in the Carmel branch of Il Fornaio.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lord of the laundry

IMGP6402.JPG

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recs, but did not seem like the right place to take two kids on the verge of melting down. Went to Toribashi and had a decent bowl of ramen, they messed up my wife's bowl, but the flavor was good.

Went to revival ice cream and had the "bee's knees." Was bomb, would recommend.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads