• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first pic dead ringer for throwback stephen stills

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My former chess partner used to dress something like that. He wore Western-styled sport coats, Western shirts, and a bolo tie (no cowboy hat though). He also wore Native American jewelry. Lived in the southwest, but would come to visit his family in California during Christmas. I knew him because I am close friends with his nephew.

This guy (my chess partner) was something around 80 years old. Everyone called him Uncle John and he spoke with this old Bostonian accent. I don't know how he wound up in the Southwest, but he was one of those old guys who seemingly knew about everything -- ornithology, dendrology, arcane American history, antiques, etc. Just a really wonderful guy. Every Christmas, I'd go over to my friend's home to play Uncle John a game of chess, and our games would commonly last 3+ hours. At the end of every game, I would have to go home and take a nap because he was so good. Concentrating that hard for so long is very tiring.

He tragically passed away in a car accident about five years ago. I inherited one of his bolo ties. I'm still not totally sure how to wear it, but I like the "bolo tie cowboy" look and the gift is a sweet memento.

IMG_0553.JPG

Last edited:

Mirage-

Reaction score
but it was my understanding that he has yet to place the fateful order, am i wrong? Although who knows, maybe in 2 weeks he will have.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, you can make bespoke fragrances. I don't see that a deodorant is very much different.
None other than Cartier offers custom perfumery from 50,000 euros. I think they could throw in a deodorant stick.
A true bespoke deodorant requires more than a unique scent. It involves a careful analysis of skin and armpit hair to ensure the smoothest application with minimal irritation.

Mirage-

Reaction score
I'm interested in recommendations for this sort of thing. I like my current deodorant but believe it still has aluminum. I previously tried switching to a baking soda based product but experienced a very unpleasant itching/burning reaction after a day or two. Not sure if that would have gone away had I pressed on.
I tried actual baking soda, as well as soda home-mixed with coconut oil. They both worked for that one or two times I was out of deodorant, but not very pleasant for the skin indeed.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never put a deodorant on my body in my life. Never had a complaint. Just sayn ’

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I'm allergic to a zillion fragrances and some common chemical preservatives so I use one of those crystal rocks. It's reasonably effective, but won't keep me stink free for an entire hot day.

Mirage-

Reaction score
I’ve never put a deodorant on my body in my life. Never had a complaint. Just sayn ’
Not sure if you're joking or not, but i've read that some mainly asian gene makes you produce sweat that does not attract bacteria so that in fact you don't really need to use it.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A true bespoke deodorant requires more than a unique scent. It involves a careful analysis of skin and armpit hair to ensure the smoothest application with minimal irritation.
You'll also need to commission 11 samples to really get an understanding of the deodorant and how it interacts with your skin, sweat, and scent.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure if you're joking or not, but i've read that some mainly asian gene makes you produce sweat that does not attract bacteria so that in fact you don't really need to use it.

not sure #9 has much asian blood :confused2: - you may be getting him mixed up w/ piobaire who is 1/2 honorary hawaiian

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads