• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thoughts Wei Koh rocking westerner with rock tee and navy blazer?

Not sure about that one myself but I am digging Goldberger's solaro with navy polo.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wait, @dieworkwear said that??? ROFL

Oh, man. From the same guy who took it as an affront and waged a class war against me in this very forum when I suggested that it takes many experiences with the same tailor to get optimal results. Now “ten suits” is my “binders full of women”.

Maybe he quietly learned his lesson when he woke-up in a cold sweat with the sudden realization (after his tenth commission) that every single one of his NSM jacket shoulders were indeed pa-fucked and most definitely not very special expressions of house style.

What a delicious blend of irony, truth, and justice.

WTF. That whole controversy was about you policing who could legitimately talk about tailoring. Your point was that people who haven't yet ordered 11 suits from the same tailor can't speak about that tailor's work. I said that's stupid. People can talk about a tailor's work if they've ordered one, two, or three things -- sometimes even not at all. You can talk about a tailor's work if you've seen it and have an opinion. Obviously, it helps to have direct experience with that tailor, but your point about only being able to speak about a tailor's work if you've ordered 11 things is nothing more than gatekeeping.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thoughts Wei Koh rocking westerner with rock tee and navy blazer?

Not sure about that one myself but I am digging Goldberger's solaro with navy polo.

Goldberger has an amazing collection of Cintree's that has to be worth a fortune now with the recent price runups.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
The discussion of "costumes" makes me appreciate life in New Orleans so much .... wear what you want at any time of the day or night and you fit right in.

first city i'm visiting when I get on a plane again. 100%.

Leiker

Reaction score
first city i'm visiting when I get on a plane again. 100%.
Bespoke only
Mardi Gras Indians.jpg

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The discussion of "costumes" makes me appreciate life in New Orleans so much .... wear what you want at any time of the day or night and you fit right in.
Hey, I grew up in New Orleans ... not true.

Well, there is Mardi Gras.
And in "the Quarter" just about anything goes.
And the Marigny has become an extension of the Quarter.
And there was that group that would walk up and down Carrollton dressed right out of Brideshead Revisited.
But in the Garden District or at the Boston Club ... NEVER.
Then again ... there is always the uncle who thinks he's Marie Antoinette ... and dresses the part.

Forget I said that, I didn't mean to reveal family secrets.

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we're in the "how asians wear it" part of the saga i see.
Okay, this is going to be TMI. There are cowboys of Asian ancestry. I know several and one fairly well. During birthing season, I've seen his arm disappear right up a cow's birth canal ... helping with a difficult delivery. He doesn't think twice about it and he does it with the best of them.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the only thing this has missed so far was a link to that kid who was wearing suits 3x too large, asking for style advice, and then rejecting all comers.

"How should this fit around my tummy? My mom said the suit fits fine."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads