• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the words of the esteemed philosopher Eric Clapton " The words are just a spring board we use to launch ourselves into the realm of truth"

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skimmed this thread for ***** and giggles. Ended up buying an HBarC shirt on a whim. It showed up and it turns out it fits well. So at least there’s one Asian guy out there in a new western shirt thx to Foo

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watch out google photo, iCloud auto sync guys…

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And why does the last few page have to turn real weird again…

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And why does the last few page have to turn real weird again…

Because we are in the midst of an epic cycle, like in the Odyssey. We have to bring Foo home again!

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about "what if Venessian's wife borrowed his laptop for some reason and discovered all his weird Foo photoshops?"

If I had to guess, I think his wife would think something along the following as regards his most recent work:

"Foo, a shark, and a bomb ass YSL leather jacket? There's a lot to unpack here.

Let's think for a second...Above Foo is pictured as both the Hindu deity Ganesh –– the patron of bankers, authors, and intellectuals –– and the Fonze, in reference to an episode of the American television program Happy Days.

In this instance, however, rather than Foo jumping the shark, the shark jumps Foo. The traditional premise is reversed, and what we are left with is an intriguing question: what does it mean when the shark is the one who jumps? Given that Foo is represented as a god, and thereby vested with the supernatural powers of one, the only conclusion we can draw here is that the shark jumping Foo is a positive act, meaning that Foo has willed it. Metaphorically speaking, this reversal entails that Foo is incapable of being tiresome because he has precluded the possibility of him jumping the shark by virtue of having the shark jump him instead. So, it stands to reason that those that find Foo to be tiresome, are merely tired with themselves. In fact, those who are tired by Foo are tired by life itself."

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In this instance, however, rather than Foo jumping the shark, the shark jumps Foo. The traditional premise is reversed, and what we are left with is an intriguing question: what does it mean when the shark is the one who jumps? Given that Foo is represented as a god, and thereby vested with the supernatural powers of one, the only conclusion we can draw here is that the shark jumping Foo is a positive act, meaning that Foo has willed it. Metaphorically speaking, this reversal entails that Foo is incapable of being tiresome because he has precluded the possibility of him jumping the shark by virtue of having the shark jump him instead. So, it stands to reason that those that find Foo to be tiresome, are merely tired with themselves. In fact, those who are tired by Foo are tired by life itself."

This is impressive. Fundamentally because I am impressive.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been thinking about "what if Venessian's wife borrowed his laptop for some reason and discovered all his weird Foo photoshops?"
lmao like anyone could love that dude.

In all sincerity I don't get his jokes....for many reasons.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was reading a story on how some new network game show, revolving around slip and slides, had to postpone production due to crew and contestants coming down with explosive diarrhea and I thought of this thread.

For those of you who haven’t spent half their lives on here, like I gloriously have, and you want to go down the rabbit hole of styleforum, to get a feel for the Zeitgeistthere are some requisite posters/threads you have to read (assuming they are still available). This is coming off the top of my head, so some details will be missing, but I’m sure someone will come along and fill in the blanks:

There was a “best dressed man in America” or something to that effect contest sponsored by Esquire I think. Foo joined along with others from SF. Foo made top 5 and was on Good Morning America. Voxsartoria submitted a picture of a gent from another forum in a Pith helmet and full safari gear, in his backyard. If you are asking who is voxsartoria, well that’s another rabbit hole. It’s a worthy thread to dig up.

There was a Foo “sleeve torque” controversy that went on for awhile after a member posted a picture of him wearing a bespoke suit in process. It went of the rails pretty quickly iirc.

Another great content creator was a Mr. Moo (no relation to Foo). Many of his threads/post are worthy of searching for.

There was a gentleman whose name I cannot recall, that was quite handy with the photoshop and would take posted fit pics, and either place the person in a bizarre location/situation, or change a part of their body for an inanimate object. Great thread.

Lastly (although there are many more but my finger is tired) there was a Carlo Franco that sold ties very popular with the forum. Then they started selling shirts and all hell broke loose.

Even as I write this my head is filling up with wonderful memories, posts on how to mend holes on (dirty) gym socks, using CVS medical tape to attach to your shirt collar so it can go longer between washings, a poster eviscerating SF orthodoxy of never putting anything in your sportcoat’s patch pockets (it messes up the “lines”) by placing a large fish wrapped in newspaper in his pocket etc etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.2%

Forum statistics

Threads