• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conviviality is definitely the word of the year so far. Sounds like an expensive kind of cunnilingus.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was GQGeek, but it’s hard not to make fund of the man, given his stories of being ripped off for $800 for an IPhone from some fly by night booth (when they first came out and were like $500) or his romancing of a girl over multiple dinners only for her to have a live in boyfriend. Good times. RJMan, I know you are chuckling.
:rotflmao:

An all-time SF classic that I had completely forgotten about. "Hey babe, can you reach over and hand me that doggy bag you brought home?" Geek had some major stones to admit this story to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, busting each other’s chops is kinda fun.

Say what you will about @TheFoo but you gotta admire a dude who’s willing to stand by his bricked fits. I’d buy the guy a beer.

Still: please don’t commission a western shirt from Charvet.

Seconded. On all counts.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 6.04.29 PM.png

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s the thing, my convivial jab can be taken as a nasty barb by the recipient. Foo has very thick skin and I doubt he cares about the negative comments.

This reminds me of when I first went live with my site. Someone immediately sent me an email “I’ll never buy anything from you because you made fun of me on styleforum”.

I don’t think I ever said anything from bad place to anyone but obviously not all my jokes were taken well. Maybe it was GQGeek, but it’s hard not to make fund of the man, given his stories of being ripped off for $800 for an IPhone from some fly by night booth (when they first came out and were like $500) or his romancing of a girl over multiple dinners only for her to have a live in boyfriend. Good times. RJMan, I know you are chuckling.

It could have been the old user, magician?, after you made fun of his nose size.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m hanging this on my wall.

In fairness though, It is a bit strange how you went from Rubinacci to designer leather jackets and faux cowboy boots. Dudes are supposed to dress like that in their 20s and then graduate to tailored clothing in your 40s. You just kinda did the reverse.. also surely you could have donated the Plaza lasted Aldens to Housing Works or something instead of trashing them.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In fairness though, It is a bit strange how you went from Rubinacci to designer leather jackets and faux cowboy boots. Dudes are supposed to dress like that in their 20s and then graduate to tailored clothing in your 40s. You just kinda did the reverse.. also surely you could have donated the Plaza lasted Aldens to Housing Works or something instead of trashing them.

Has Foo changed or has the world has changed? I think we know the answer to that question.

Also, in all seriousness, footwear is essentially a medical device. When a medical device proves defective, you discard it. You do not foist it upon some hapless victim in order to virtue signal.

Last edited:

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't we all victims of the world, though? Hapless devices of virtue being foisted upon?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads