• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One boot that doesn't seem to get a lot of love are Black Jack.
I've got a couple of pairs of Black Jack from 10-15 years ago. They're well made, and unlike Lucchese, they allowed you to do some customization in colors, toe shapes, heel heights, etc. For a while, they were my go to bootmaker.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a couple of pairs of Black Jack from 10-15 years ago. They're well made, and unlike Lucchese, they allowed you to do some customization in colors, toe shapes, heel heights, etc. For a while, they were my go to bootmaker.

Lucchese will do custom stuff for you for an upcharge, including a fully bespoke service (which I have never availed myself of, and frankly, I personally don't see the value in doing so), but didn't know that about Black Jack. This is a pair I picked up a few years back in an awful baby **** color, but I love them anyway.

boot1.jpg

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^
Hmmm, I doubt Foo would consider trying to monetize this concept. Exclusivity is too important...

Spinster Jones

Reaction score
Since it is the 10 year anniversary of BreastWallet Gate Movie, and newbies might not know the full story on how Foo got Oprah'ed at Hermes, I'll repost in its glory:

The second best thing about that thread was the rabid PoodleLady deeming Foo "unworthy".

I gave up around page 30. Did you get the wallet, @TheFoo? What did you end up with?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Stallions are bad man

**** those are seriously hideous.
They are even more unattractive than those low-cuts boots all the chicks were wearing a few years ago with short bloomy skirts, clomping around all over town. Not good.

I feel like Foo is turning into the stereotypical rich guy with terrible taste.

Imagine you and your friend going out for lunch. A loud Porsche 911 pulls up. It's the color of blue boba tea.

An Asian guy steps out with expensive cowboy boots. The boots have nubby stitching. He's wearing a black leather Saint Laurent double rider over his Patagonia fleece vest and bespoke Charvet Western shirt. An expensive Patek gleams from his wrist. He bought it from a dealer in the Caribbean.

Your friend: Man, that guy has terrible taste

You: You fool. You idiot. That's mafoofan. He a legend in the world of classic men's style.
Born, not made...just taking awhile to "fully express himself and get comfy in his own skin".

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TheFoo when are you placing your order with Charvet?
Looking forward to the eventual western f00 pic.
Only if it is next to the bear skull.
Depends if they can do it.
Patience. All in due course, Stylefoorum followers.
These Pièces-de-merde Uniques take real time, even if you’re a long-time cherished pièce-uniquer like @TheFoo.

Besides, you don’t just then show off the special **** willy-nilly on some uneventful mid-summer Thursday afternoon, when the crowds aren’t all around, like some unknowledgeable and inexperienced ******* stupid idiot pleb would do….

Urban Fooboy_Times Square_2021-12-31.jpg

Times Square NYC: New Year's Eve 2021.

Urban Fooboy_Times Square_2022-01-01.jpg

Times Square NYC: New Year's Day 2022.

Urban Fooboy_Times Square billboard.jpg

Pigeon's-eye view, just prior to impact.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These Pièces-de-merde Uniques take real time, even if you’re a long-time cherished pièce-uniquer like @TheFoo.

Besides, you don’t just then show off the special **** willy-nilly on some uneventful mid-summer Thursday afternoon, when the crowds aren’t all around, like some unknowledgeable and inexperienced ******* stupid idiot pleb would do….

View attachment 1622902
Times Square NYC: New Year's Eve 2021.

View attachment 1622903

View attachment 1622904

These jokes are very involved.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1622904

Did you see Brooke Shields broke her femur!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I feel like Foo is turning into the stereotypical rich guy with terrible taste.

Imagine you and your friend going out for lunch. A loud Porsche 911 pulls up. It's the color of blue boba tea.

An Asian guy steps out with expensive cowboy boots. The boots have nubby stitching. He's wearing a black leather Saint Laurent double rider over his Patagonia fleece vest and bespoke Charvet Western shirt. An expensive Patek gleams from his wrist. He bought it from a dealer in the Caribbean.

Your friend: Man, that guy has terrible taste

You: You fool. You idiot. That's mafoofan. He a legend in the world of classic men's style.

This is the dream. Except the SLP jacket would never go over the Patagonia fleece. Worlds colliding and all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads