• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

emptym

Reaction score
Re. western shirt recs, my heart will aways be for Wrangler in this area. I still have and wear one that I bought at Sheplers 20-something years ago. They really are indestructible. They come in neck and sleeve sizes too, so they fit many. The tails are long since they're intended to stay tucked, even while on a bucking horse/bull. But they're easily shortened.
Makes me miss the days when @lefty had a moustache and @JPHardy had shows at the archives and @emptym rode in on his motorcycle and @Parker swept his hair away from his eyes and @comrade was complaining about everything.
Still do! Just across town now instead of cross country.
but @RSS , thefoo, bry2000, ambulance chaser have all met me, AC in particular regularly.
Me too! There was a thread where people wrote about whom they'd met irl. Maybe someone could dig it up. I've never met Foo, but we have spoken over the phone. I tried to help get his missing pents from Ambrosi. Didn't succeed. :(
...For those of you who haven’t spent half their lives on here, like I gloriously have, and you want to go down the rabbit hole of styleforum,...
Don't forget Foo's pairing of a Brown sweatshirt w/ gray flannels.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GeneralEmployer is Foo's used toilet paper.
This is only because you were so far up Foo's ass, a big mess was made when he had to pull you out of there. As Treasurer of the Mafoofan Fan Club, I am Foo's sanitizing instrument.

In my above referenced capacity, CONSIDER YOURSELF BANNED FROM THE OFFICIAL MAFOOFAN APPRECIATION THREAK FOR ONE WEEK1111111111111111111 AND A ONE DAY BAN FOR @edinatlanta FOR LIKING THE OFFENDING POAST111111111

Good action, Fok. You are the best moderator on the internet by a country mile in my experience. I just like to rile up TheFoo since it is endlessly entertaining.
Here is my poor man's imitation. Trash away, Foo. It is obviously a Daytona imitation.
TheFoo is worthy of preservation on the UNESCO world heritage list...John Mayer would be jealous.
I dunno. We've got Speedy Tuesday. Why not Foo Friday? It seems to happen about once a week and is an important part of watch culture at this point as far as I'm concerned. Foo is anything but dead. He is the Atlas of the forum.
Looking good Foo. I have come to like the black dial more than white. Here is my poor man version. Maybe costs 10% of yours. Polished lugs. Different city so not at night.

View attachment 1603635

Last edited:

chocomallo

Reaction score
This is only because you were so far up Foo's ass, a big mess was made when he had to pull you out of there. As Treasurer of the Mafoofan Fan Club, I am Foo's sanitizing instrument.

In my above referenced capacity, CONSIDER YOURSELF BANNED FROM THE OFFICIAL MAFOOFAN APPRECIATION THREAK FOR ONE WEEK1111111111111111111 AND A ONE DAY BAN FOR @edinatlanta FOR LIKING THE OFFENDING POAST111111111
LOL. A for effort, F for reading comprehension. I’m flattered to receive a message from the secretary to our dear leader.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Will you include your thoughts on the tencel H bar C shirts in this post - or in this thread?

Also - would anybody have a recommendation for a RTW long sleeve chambray shirt with a wide sport or camp collar? Western details would be a plus - but a regular workwear sport shirt would be great too.
You can't do camp/ pj collar for western. You can't put snaps on a sport front. Western needs a center pleat front to support snaps

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s a lot effort dude, not going to bother to read…
I'm glad to see your growing as a poaster. Before you would always fully read the crazy.

LOL. A for effort, F for reading comprehension. I’m flattered to receive a message from the secretary to our dear leader.
Imagine having your whole identity be worshipping foo.

chocomallo

Reaction score
I'm glad to see your growing as a poaster. Before you would always fully read the crazy.

Imagine having your whole identity be worshipping foo.
Well if GeneralEmployer is the outcome of Foo worship, I don’t think it’s a negative thing. He is a jovial fellow after all.

Isn’t this thread just that? 50 pages and counting of worship. Come for the western shirt, stay for the circle jerk?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To remain on the subject of religion, is this coincidental or providential?

Almost every one. Scratch that. Every one of those "looks" look pretty bad to my eye. I think its the shawl collared cardigan and choice of pants. Points for trying to pair the wife-beater with the utilitarian western shirt there, but yeah, just doesn't work.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Almost every one. Scratch that. Every one of those "looks" look pretty bad to my eye. I think its the shawl collared cardigan and choice of pants. Points for trying to pair the wife-beater with the utilitarian western shirt there, but yeah, just doesn't work.
for the way he is pairing might as well just go with any chambray shirt without the western detail then it will just be fine and basic I suppose

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.