• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
p.s. though my wife's reception on this is a lot better than my wife's reception on Hawaiian shirt, she think Hawaiian shirt all looked like either
1. retired, which I'm not
2. cheap Taiwanese gangster from some early 90s movie (and that wasn't a complement by her book)
Say these 2 things like it's a bad thing.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"2" might earn me some street cred on SF but definitely bad by her book...

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what my wife said 🤷‍♂️ ...
The simulation is starting to break down. Clee just interpreted a @Bromley post that was clearly about @TheFoo (doing 'cowboy stuff' was a reference to the premature wear of the shirt), about being about himself.

99.999999999% this should have transpired the other way around. Too many standard deviations from the norm that this just happened.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
rmc is known for the quality of their leathers. that's about it. the rest is very good surely very expensive marketing
check out the superfuture thread on the brand, many similar experiences documented there
[/QUOTE]
E1062565-49B5-499B-961A-46D92B13C432.gif

rmc is known for the quality of their leathers. that's about it. the rest is very good surely very expensive marketing
check out the superfuture thread on the brand, many similar experiences documented there
It’s true they maintain a very strong brand image. I’ve acquired a fair amount of denim, sweats and leather jackets from RMC, as well as some western chambrays and other ephemera, and I’ve had my hands on their N-1s and M-65s. I’m not really equipped to judge textile and manufacturing quality, but I’d say they’re about on par with other Japanese repro brands, with the leather being a notch above, as you indicated. Although I should note I haven’t had my hands on much else leather wise.

Personally I buy into the brand image and find their cuts and material more appealing than, say, Buzz Ricksons. They have a more expansive aesthetic than a Flat Head/Iron Heart and serve a somewhat different niche than Freewheelers. In basics they overlap with all of those, Warehouse and more. I actually prefer Warehouse Ts to the RMC x Armoury T I handled (which was tubular knit). I haven't handled other loopwheel sweats, but have found RMC to be very comfy in a way I hadn’t previously experienced. Denim wise, I’m more drawn to Samurai and Resolute, but that has partly to do with cut as well as denim. As for the western chambrays, I find the diamonds snaps to be a luxe detail not found elsewhere.

As for the longevity question, I feel that reviewers sometimes hold brands to a bit high of a standard. One comment concerning holes developed in a sweatshirt was from an individual who had worn it daily while working construction. That is not what RMC is for, in my opinion. They situate themself as luxe repro and I think should be treated as such.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
After ONE wash. No dryer. Never worn. Only happened on one shirt. You can see clear through to my chest.

Don’t tell me this is normal or I am being too CM.

WTF.

View attachment 1687519
Ok, so I’m gathering you went with Real McCoy’s for your western. I also would not expect this and would certainly reach out to Armoury or wherever you got it to coordinate a replacement or refund.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As for the longevity question, I feel that reviewers sometimes hold brands to a bit high of a standard. One comment concerning holes developed in a sweatshirt was from an individual who had worn it daily while working construction. That is not what RMC is for, in my opinion. They situate themself as luxe repro and I think should be treated as such.
Yeah, but holes after one wash without ever being worn?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, so I’m gathering you went with Real McCoy’s for your western. I also would not expect this and would certainly reach out to Armoury or wherever you got it to coordinate a replacement or refund.
Unfortunately, I bought straight from Japan through a proxy. And my size (15) is sold out.

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 63.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 13 21.3%