• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Wedding Suit - London Tailor Recommendations Please!

Garthunkle

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m getting married at the end of June in the south of France and I’m trying to decide on tailor that can assist me on my wedding suit!

I’m currently thinking a one button two piece suit, in a striking navy fabric.

I was seeking to spend between £2 - 3k all-in.

I’ve had bespoke suits made before, but I think I‘d like to consider my full range of options, given it’s such an important suit and I’ve got a higher budget on this one.

Would you have recommendations for tailors I should speak to? I’m open to off-shore bespoke, if the tailoring quality is close to a full onshore bespoke suit and it means I can invest more into quality fabric.

Thanks so much in advance!

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First of all, you have to decide what kind of style you like. Living in London you have access not only to resident tailor but also to traveling tailors from Italy and Paris.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
June? You’d better pick fast.
I second Steed btw. They have an MTM option that is far better than garden variety MTM as far as I can tell. I honestly I’m not sure what the differences between that and their bespoke option

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cad and the Dandy is a really good option if you want a sold job done reasonably quickly, at less cost that elsewhere on the Row, and are okay with a more classically British shoulder expression (definitely not the Italian soft shoulder).

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I use Steed for their bespoke services and think they do good work. Their prices are a bit higher than what you listed, but their MTM service should be within that budget. The MTM is well-made and you get the benefit of having a bespoke cutter be able to do alterations in-house. I think Edwin is a particularly good fitter/ cutter with a strong technical background, which isn't always the case at other firms (including big name houses).

Alternatively, Whitcomb & Shaftesbury's off-shore bespoke option is within your price range. Pattern is drafted and cut in-house. Making is done in India. The house style is a little narrower than Steed. Steed does a classic English drape cut in the style of old A&S.

Ciro Zizolfi, a Neapolitan tailor, also visits London. I don't know his prices, but he may be within your budget. I think he cuts a really nice coat.

Solito, another Neapolitan tailor, also visits London. I use him and think he does good work. His style is pretty traditionally Neapolitan. A bit of "bounce" to the chest, but a very soft shoulder (and thus a bit narrow when compared to Steed). I believe his suits are on the upper end of your budget.

For all these options, June is a very tight turnaround time. You will have to contact these companies soon to see if they can deliver something.

potter AB

Reaction score
If you're in London I'd certainly stay there and visit a couple of tailoring shops that cut on the premises. Be as honest to them as to yourself about this project with regard to price & deadline.
Many options off Row, e.g. Sims & MacDonald ( £ 1500-2000), Timothy Everest (around 3 k), Benson & Clegg...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads