1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bespoke Tragedies

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Nov 18, 2008.

1. RJmanbearpig

RJmanbearpig Senior member

Nor I. You will find that my post-count there is minimal compared to that of others mentioned. It has been said one has a right of reply there, and that I maintain. But, of you, I have not even permitted myself the liberty of even so much as remotely involving myself in any discussion. Yes, you saw that I maintained my right of reply to someone's commentary on a discussion I was directly involved in. And, you will see that I have not in my reply defamed you or anyone else. With that I ask, why do persist in accusing me of bad mouthing you behind your back, when I have neither ever done so, nor can think of any reason why I should want to?

I don't think I have ever accused you of badmouthing me behind my back, although I don't think it very fair to badmouth others behind their backs. I may snark, but I snark to one's face.

2. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Does anyone else find himself wishing he could quietly slip out of this virtual room and leave these two to bicker in what had, up until now, seemed like a perfectly pleasant little iCocktail iParty?

3. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

There is a line to the effect of "girls, girls, you're both pretty" but I can't remember it.

4. Sator

Sator Senior member

I don't think I have ever accused you of badmouthing me behind my back, although I don't think it very fair to badmouth others behind their backs. I may snark, but I snark to one's face.

But why have you singled me out when you say this? There are plenty of others here who post a great deal more there than I.

5. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

But why have you singled me out when you say this? There are plenty of others here who post a great deal more there than I.
    iGnore him, he's just one of the iMartyrs. [​IMG]

6. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

iGnore him, he's just one of the iMartyrs.

[​IMG]

I guess that would make you Longinus?

[​IMG]

7. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Finally, the tragedy part. All the rest of the thread was comedy.

8. Sator

Sator Senior member

Personally, I have never understood the depth of inimicality between FNB and certain individuals. However, certainly those who do actually take up their right of direct reply at Bastardland are afforded more respect than those who sit in silent martyrdom.

I would personally be most bemused if Manton, RJman and a hoard of friends all showed up at once there to beat out their viewpoint and feud there, rather than at SF. It would certainly make a most interesting spectacle.

9. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Personally, I have never understood the depth of inimicality between FNB and certain individuals. However, certainly those who do actually take up their right of direct reply at Bastardland are afforded more respect than those who sit in silent martyrdom.

I would personally be most bemused if Manton, RJman and a hoard of friends all showed up at once there to beat out their viewpoint and feud there, rather than at SF. It would certainly make a most interesting spectacle.

I have been far from silent lately, thank you very much.

10. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

11. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Wot?

Hey, that's my schtick..

13. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hey, that's my schtick..
    Did I at least use it correctly, good sir? He did say bemused, inimicality and martyrdom in the same post.

14. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

Wot?
    [​IMG]

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Did I at least use it correctly, good sir? He did say bemused, inimicality and martyrdom in the same post.

Indeed, he did. Carry on then,

Good day...

16. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Do we have guesses about what's plugged into the wall?

And tile would seem to signify a bathroom photo: the preferred photographic oeuvre for the iGent.

- B

18. RJmanbearpig

RJmanbearpig Senior member

Do we have guesses about what's plugged into the wall?

And tile would seem to signify a bathroom photo: the preferred photographic oeuvre for the iGent.

- B

Surely you mean "backdrop"... but imprecise use of foreign words is another indice of the iGent.

19. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Surely you mean "backdrop"... but imprecise use of foreign words is another indice of the iGent.

I think he wanted to say milieu.

20. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Do you usually ruin jokes by explaining them?

- B