1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bespoke Tooled Cowboy Boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by OCULUS, Sep 15, 2012.

1. OCULUS

OCULUS Well-Known Member

As I mentioned earlier this summer, I was about to expand beyond the conservative, plain-foot cowboy boots of my past and venture into something more exotic. Well, the J. B. Hill cognac anteaters were a "first step" in that they are triads (the last pair of legal hides they had were too small for a full foot). But later on this summer, I took advantage of a Falconhead Tres Outlaws sale and jumped for a pair I have ogled for too long: Tooled mahogany (#14076) with a 3/4" X toe. These made-to-measure beauties arrived this week and I am stunned at their magnificence, and yet they are very lowkey; they could just as well be John Lobbs...with lift heels.:nodding:

[​IMG]

The tooling is unbelievable artwork that is just near impossible to find these days, and I'll add much more believable "HAND" work than Lucchese's "hand-tooled" tops that are just too identical on each boot to be genuine handwork.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. Alan Skinner

Alan Skinner Well-Known Member

Those are fantastic! Do you mind if I ask what they costed?

3. chogall

chogall Senior member

Wow fancy boots!!!

Where's DWFII our forum bootmaker!

4. Alan Skinner

Alan Skinner Well-Known Member

I live in Dallas and we have a JB Hill location here. I don't know that the boots are made here, but at the very least I think I can walk into a store, check out inventory, and get measured for some customs. I just want to know if it's going to be so far out of my price range that I should just stay home rather than look like a fool for asking.

EDIT: I misspoke. We have a couple of places that sell them, but no actual JB HIill shops.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  5. hugeevilrobot

hugeevilrobot Well-Known Member

Those are awesome- please take some more pics of that tooling, it looks like some of the best I've seen.