Bespoke Tooled Cowboy Boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by OCULUS, Sep 15, 2012.

1. OCULUS

OCULUS Well-Known Member

As I mentioned earlier this summer, I was about to expand beyond the conservative, plain-foot cowboy boots of my past and venture into something more exotic. Well, the J. B. Hill cognac anteaters were a "first step" in that they are triads (the last pair of legal hides they had were too small for a full foot). But later on this summer, I took advantage of a Falconhead Tres Outlaws sale and jumped for a pair I have ogled for too long: Tooled mahogany (#14076) with a 3/4" X toe. These made-to-measure beauties arrived this week and I am stunned at their magnificence, and yet they are very lowkey; they could just as well be John Lobbs...with lift heels.:nodding:

[​IMG]

The tooling is unbelievable artwork that is just near impossible to find these days, and I'll add much more believable "HAND" work than Lucchese's "hand-tooled" tops that are just too identical on each boot to be genuine handwork.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

2. Alan Skinner

Alan Skinner Well-Known Member

Those are fantastic! Do you mind if I ask what they costed?

3. chogall

chogall Senior member

Wow fancy boots!!!

Where's DWFII our forum bootmaker!

4. Alan Skinner

Alan Skinner Well-Known Member

I live in Dallas and we have a JB Hill location here. I don't know that the boots are made here, but at the very least I think I can walk into a store, check out inventory, and get measured for some customs. I just want to know if it's going to be so far out of my price range that I should just stay home rather than look like a fool for asking.

EDIT: I misspoke. We have a couple of places that sell them, but no actual JB HIill shops.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012

5. hugeevilrobot

hugeevilrobot Well-Known Member

Those are awesome- please take some more pics of that tooling, it looks like some of the best I've seen.